The Box of Many Things is a mechanic in Torghast, Tower of the Damned, added in the Chains of Domination campaign, that serves as a form a permanent meta-progression in the tower. Complete runs, earn , then use that knowledge to unlock talents at the box in the Runecarver's Oubliette.
To unlock the mechanic, first find the broker Ve'nish on a run of any standard wing of Torghast. He will be found on floor two of any layer, so if players are specifically looking for Ve'nish, knock out a layer one run. He starts . Take the box to the Runecarver, then pick up and complete .
- Blessing of the Ancients — Begin each run with 1/2/3 Blessing(s). 3 ranks: 20/80/200 TK
- Empowered Swiftness — Becoming Empowered increases movement speed by an additional 5/10% and haste by an additional 5/10%. 2 ranks: 20/60 TK
- Efficient Looter — Automatically loot enemies, excluding Torghast Bosses. 1 rank: 60 TK
Requires 100 total Tower Knowledge spent:
- Freed from Torment — Begin each run with 1/2 fewer Torment(s) 2 ranks: 40/200 TK
- Empowered Perseverance — Empowered lasts 25/50% longer. 2 ranks: x/x TK
- Discovered Cache — A selection of up to 2 rare Anima Powers will be available for purchase from Broker merchants. 3 ranks: 20/50/x TK. Powers cost 300 each. Rank 2 adds up two rare consumable items.
Requires 250 total Tower Knowledge spent:
- Undeterred — You take 5/10/15/20/25% reduced damage from Bosses. 5 ranks: 20/40/70/x/x TK
- The Adamant Vaults — Achieving a 5-star Flawless Torghast run allows you and your party to ascend to the Adamant Vaults. Layers 9 or above only. 1 rank: 100 TK
- Inexplicable Power — When you engage a Boss, your damage is increased by 5/10/15/20/25% for 20 sec. 5 ranks: 20/40/70/x/x TK
Requires 500 total Tower Knowledge spent:
- Enduring Souls — Soul Remnants additionally grant you 1% Stamina. 1 rank: 50 TK
- Good Reflexes — You take 20/40% reduced damage from traps. 2 ranks: 30/x TK
- Death Denied — When you die, there is a 5/10/15% chance that it will not count against you. 3 ranks: 20/x/x TK
Requires 1,000 total Tower Knowledge spent:
- Unflinching — You take 5/10/15/20/25% reduced damage from Elites. 5 ranks: 20/x/x/x/x TK
- Anima Plunderer — When you or a party member kills 10 enemies, an Anima Cell drops. 3 ranks: 50/x/x
- Elite Slayer — Elites award 20/40% additional value to the Empowered bar. 2 ranks: 40/x TK
Requires 2,000 total Tower Knowledge spent:
- Meddle With Fire — Up to 1/2/3 time(s) per run, you may reject an Anima Power selection and obtain a replacement set of choices. 3 ranks: 40/x/x TK
- 16x16px Empowered Nova — While Empowered, your damage has a very high chance to cause an explosion for 3,120 Shadow damage to all nearby targets. 1 rank: 250 TK
Tower Knowledge gains
The very structure of the puzzle box strains under the pressure of the powers within seeking to escape.
[Open Torghast Tech Tree]
Several achievements are associated with The Box of Many Things:
- Patch 9.1.0 (2021-06-29): Added.