|Category||Vale of Eternal Blossoms|
|Reputation||+2850 The Lorewalkers|
|Rewards||19 84 50|
We have always known the mogu to be dark and sinister. Your research however would imply that they are far worse.
If you visit us at the Seat of Knowledge in Vale of Eternal Blossoms we can add this contribution to your personal collection.
Thank you for your diligence!
Mogu. Even the word makes my fur stand on end. We will add this knowledge to your collection. If you wish me to narrate this for you, simply point at the correct volume in your Private Collection.
- 236000 XP
- +2850 reputation with The Lorewalkers
Upon completion of the Pandaria exploration achievement, Lorewalker Cho sends a letter via the in-game mail system. The letter has an item attached that starts this quest. See the achievement for more details.
- Lorewalker Cho says: What do you fear most in this world? Have you conquered your fear... or has your fear conquered you?
- Lorewalker Cho says: In the ancient days before the sundering of the world, the mogu emperors ruled over Pandaria. My people were made slaves, and they were afraid.
- Lorewalker Cho says: The mogu were masters of pain and torture, of dark magics and brutal weapons. No pandaren, hozen, or jinyu could resist the power they held. And my people were afraid.
- Lorewalker Cho says: It was the mogu who built the Serpent's Spine. The most unlucky of slaves were sent to aid in its construction and defense, to be fodder for the mantid. And my people were afraid.
- Lorewalker Cho says: As the empire grew, the mogu began to experiment with the secrets of the Vale. They crafted terrible weapons of living flesh and stone. And my people were afraid.
- Lorewalker Cho says: In their hubris, the mogu never foresaw that their downfall lay in wait, not among their enemies, but among the oppressed. The day that one slave stood...
- Lorewalker Cho says: ...and was no longer afraid.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.