The Dusts of Outland is an interlude in the campaign Curse of the Blood Elves.
After hours of marching, Kael'thas and Lady Vashj stand on a high plateau overlooking the red, barren landscape of Outland.
- Prince Kael'thas: What is this desolate place, Vashj?
- Lady Vashj: This shattered world is called Outland, young prince. It is all that remains of Draenor, the former homeland of the orcish Horde.
- Prince Kael'thas: Amazing. I remember when Khadgar led the Alliance Expedition here, years ago. He almost succeeded in wiping the orcs out for good.
- Prince Kael'thas: In an attempt to escape, Ner'zhul opened a number of massive dimensional gateways, but all they succeeded in doing was tearing the planet apart.
- Lady Vashj: Yes. And now, amongst the ruins of this dead world, we have come to find the master.
- Prince Kael'thas: Illidan... why here? What could possibly interest him in this barren wasteland?
- Lady Vashj: That I do not know. Regardless, we should seek him out quickly.
- Prince Kael'thas: Agreed. Actually, I am anxious to meet him again. If he can cure my people of their hunger for magic, I will gladly pledge myself to his service.
In Reforged, an orc by a dimensional portal can be seen.