|Affiliation(s)||Knights of the Ebon Blade|
|Location||Valley of Echoes and Argent Vanguard, Icecrown|
The Ebon Watcher is the identity taken by Highlord Darion Mograine, master of the Knights of the Ebon Blade, while he is in Northrend. He can be found initially at the Argent Vanguard in Icecrown discussing tactics with Tirion Fordring; after completing , he moves to an area in the Valley of Echoes near the Light's Breach. After Crusaders' Pinnacle is claimed by the Argent Crusade, the Watcher is gone, though Darion — out of his disguise — appears on at least two occasions in Icecrown: During , summoned by the player to fight Underking Talonox in Scourgeholme, and again in the Cathedral of Darkness in , accompanied by Thassarian, Koltira Deathweaver and a group of Ebon Knights.
His greetings and farewell quotes are the same as Darion's when he's not in disguise.
During the first phase of the battles at the Argent Vanguard, the Ebon Watcher has the following conversation with Highlord Tirion Fordring:
- Highlord Tirion Fordring says: The Lich King reacted swiftly to the breach. Faster than I anticipated.
- The Ebon Watcher says: You are dealing with a being that holds within it the consciousness of the most cunning, intelligent, and ruthless individuals to ever live.
- The Ebon Watcher says: The Lich King is unlike any foe that you have ever faced, Highlord. Though you bested him upon the holy ground of Light's Hope Chapel, you tread now upon his domain.
- The Ebon Watcher says: You cannot win. Not like this...
- Highord Tirion Fordring says: What would you have me do, Darion?
- The Ebon Watcher says: Nothing. There is nothing that you can do while the Light binds you. It controls you wholly, shackling you to the ground with its virtues.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring says: Choose your words wisely, death knight. You stand amidst the company of the devoted.
- The Ebon Watcher shakes his head.
- The Ebon Watcher says: Look upon the field, Highlord. The Lich King has halted your advance completely and won the upper hand!
- The Ebon Watcher says: The breach you created was sealed with Nerubian webbing almost as quickly as it was opened.
- The Ebon Watcher says: Your soldiers are being used as living shields to stave off artillery fire in the Valley of Echoes, allowing the forces of the Lich King to assault your base without impediment.
- The Ebon Watcher says: The Lich King knows your boundaries, Highlord. He knows that you will not fire on your own men. Do you not understand? He has no boundaries. No rules to abide.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring says: We will do this with honor, Darion. We will not sink to the levels of the Scourge to be victorious. To do so would make us no better than the monster that we fight to destroy!
- The Ebon Watcher says: Then you have lost, Highlord.
- The Ebon Watcher dual wields two runeblades. The model of these swords is the same as and .
- The Watcher has unique dialogue when speaking to death knight adventurers, including both the quest turn-in for and the lines spoken when he is clicked.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Added.
|Argent Vanguard||Valley of Echoes|