Witness the fall of the first defenders.
- Shed light on the first battlefield
- Fight back the undead
Arthas cut through the land itself to get to the Sunwell. The Dead Scar is a constant reminder of that desecration. Where it starts is where our first line of defense attempted to hold the Scourge at bay. It is where the first blood was spilled.
It was a slaughter.
Take the lantern to the base of the Dead Scar, and use its light to reveal the memories of what happened there.
You will receive:
- 23 40
- 17,850 XP
<Lor'themar stands quiet for a moment.>
From the gates, travel northwest to somewhat near the entrance to Deatholme.
- Activate the lantern at Lantern Location
Light the Way — Hold the lantern aloft, showing the memories of the fallen.
- You will not pass while I draw breath!
- For Silvermoon!
- You will fall, monsters!
- Attack on Arthas
As you progress, the following conversation triggers.
- Ranger Velonara yells: Now, riders!
- Captain Thalanor yells: Together! For Quel'Thalas!
- Arthas yells: Fools.
- Ranger Velonara yells: Stand tall, brothers and sisters! We must hold the line until reinforcements arrive! For Quel'Thalas!
- Bar filled and objective complete
- Arthas yells: Enough! I will be delayed no longer by this pointless rabble.
- Ranger Velonara says: Monster... You'll never reach the Sunwell. The Ranger-General... will stop... you...
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Added.