|Category||Day of the Dead|
|Experience||Up to 22,050 (13 23 at max level)|
The Grateful Dead is the one and only quest involved with the world event Day of the Dead. It involves cooking (or being lazy and buying) some and offering it to a cheerful spirit in a capital city's graveyard.
The following quest givers offer this quest:
Acquire some and give it to the Cheerful Spirit in <zone>'s graveyard. Use an to see the otherwise invisible spirit.
It's good to visit with friends and family again, though I may have overdone it... I've already eaten everything they made for me!
Might I trouble you for some more of that delicious Bread of the Dead? I'd be most grateful...
Chapman there sells the recipe, I think.
You don't have any Bread of the Dead, do you?
Ah, more delicious Bread of the Dead, thank you!
Please, take this in return... a little something fun for the holiday.
- Characters must be in their own capital city's graveyard (i.e. humans in Stormwind, tauren in Thunder Bluff, etc.), or in a neutral city such as Dalaran or Shattrath City.
- Characters are required to be under the effects of Flowers of the Dead to see the cheerful spirits. Either the Orange Marigolds or will suffice.
- The Ghostly Cooking Fire is next to the table behind Chapman and Catrina.
- is sold by most innkeepers and is sold by cooking and trade goods suppliers.
- Until the hotfix, there was a bug that resulted in many Day of the Dead items disappearing from player inventories. This has since been corrected.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2009-11-01): A hotfix has been applied which will prevent various Day of the Dead items from disappearing while changing zones or retrieving items from the mail.
- Patch 3.2.2a (2009-09-25): Added.