The Harder They Fall
|Start||General Taldris Moonfall|
|End||General Taldris Moonfall|
|Level||85 (Requires 85)|
|Reputation||+250 Guardians of Hyjal|
Kill 3 Molten Behemoths.
- Molten Behemoth slain x3
Molten Behemoths have joined the elementals upon the battlefield. They are crushing our front lines. I need you to halt their momentum.
You'll find the beasts slow and clumsy. They can easily be outmaneuvered, but they will pack a devastating punch if they hit you. Be nimble, <class>.
Even with such monstrous opponents marching upon them, not a single one of my men has quit the field. Jarod is to be commended. He inspires the men like no other.
The elementals shall grow to fear you.
- 64900 XP (or 16 54 at max level)
- +250 reputation with Guardians of Hyjal
Molten Behemoths are level 85 elite molten giants with 309,000 health and two abilities outside of basic melee:
- Molten Stomp — Deals 54605 to 61269 Nature damage to all enemies within 4 yards. This ability only affects targets that are on the ground. 2.5 sec cast
- Fiery Boulder 150 yd range — Throws a massive boulder. 1.5 sec cast. Hits for about 15000 Fire
It is possible to earn the achievement by kiting a behemoth and solo-killing it without taking any damage from Molten Stomp or Fiery Boulder. As these mobs are designed to be kited, any class with a repeatable ranged attack (which is every class) can do this. Keep moving, especially when it winds up a fiery boulder. The casting time of Molten Stomp allows a melee attacker to get out of range before it goes off. Classes with only weak ranged abilities can repeatedly dodge out of melee range to avoid the stomp then back in to land another melee attack.
- Malfurion offers the opportunity to recruit other factions after Through the Gates of Hell:
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Added.