|Start||The Monkey King|
|End||The Monkey King|
|Reputation||+250 Operation: Shieldwall|
|Rewards||19 84 50|
|Previous||18,200/21,000 revered with Operation: Shieldwall|
Recover the Harmonic Ointment.
Legends are not born, they are made.
In his bags you will find,
An ointment whose sound plays with the mind.
Bring this nibby ointment to the Monkey King!
And with it, he shall make the mallet sing!
Travel north along the wall, and when you reach the end, turn left.
How the mogu found the ointment is a wonder.
But a lot has happened since the world tore asunder.
- 236000 XP
- +250 reputation with Operation: Shieldwall
- In pieces three the mallet be. Handle, head and ointment. You ring bell without the mallet? You going to get an ear and face full of evil.
Head southwest to Unga Ingoo. On the isle's western end on the northern side at close to the Cradle of Chi-Ji, The Monkey King, riding on a few Personal Assistants with a few Royal Keg-Havers are having a party over the objections of Chief Ingoo Ingoo XVII.
- Poor Chief Ingoo Ingoo. His family forget what rod was for. He so mad.
- If he keeps, he will corrupt his people. Very sad.
Speak with him:
- No! Monkey King no take rod! You no take rod! This not even real Monkey King.
- Chief Ingoo Ingoo have rod from father Ingoo Ingoo, and his father before him, and his father before him.
- Monkey King give rod to my family in long long ago time. My family becomes chiefs.
- No hozen live that long! None!
- But that is the real Monkey King.
- Chief Ingoo Ingoo XVII says: No! Silly wikket cannot take the hozen mighty rod!
- Chief Ingoo Ingoo XVII says: Unga Ingoo is mine!
Finish him off, then turn in to the Monkey King right next to him:
- The Monkey King says: We will return to Lion's Landing. Meet us there when you have everything.
Head north-by-northwest out of Krasarang to the Valley of the Four Winds. On the western side of the valley up on the western side of the Skyrange overlooking the Singing Marshes and the Paoquan Hollow at is the Royal Finder standing at the mouth to a virmen den. Speak with him:
- Fluffy wikkets stole the mallet head! Kunzen hozen lost it many years ago. Now the fluffy wikkets hide insie their lair and worship the head like it some kind of fancy shmancy carrot.
- Be careful, those fluffy wikkets bite hard.
Inside is the Lair of Skiggit where at Skiggit, the Keeper of the Light Thingy, is being admired by a dozen Light Watchers. Skiggit has a million health, so take it out, then loot the hanging from the ceiling. There is also a Virmen Treasure Cache on the left-hand side of the cave from the entrance...
Exit the virmen den and start heading north along the Serpent's Spine to it's northern end in northeastern Townlong Steppes. An unnamed mogu camp has taken over the area, where at The Blade can be found. He is a level 90 elite mogu with more than a million health. Kill him, then loot the from him. There is also an Abandoned Crate of Goods in the tent behind him...
Finally, return to Lion's Landing.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Alright, we have the handle, the head, and the ointment like you asked for. Can you re-assemble the mallet?
- The Monkey King says: Ayup! Silly youngin, just put rod in hole. And the mallet shall again be whole.
- The Monkey King says: Good as nibby new! But listen to the Monkey King. You only have enough ointment for one true swing.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Only one swing? Are we sure this will work? Is there any way to get more ointment?
- The Monkey King says: The Monkey King was there, the last time this mallet struck true. Tears came to eyes, and harmony was felt through and through. But no more ointment was ever made, for the mogu came with their raid. Use what you have, be grateful it is there. For the bell is a dangerous weapon, so handle with care.
Connelly also sends a letter afterward.
Old friend -
I hear you've been working with Prince Anduin on a counter to Garrosh's new toy. Listen <name>, you take care of that kid. He might be in over his head on this one. Watch his back.
During the Cataclysm Anduin helped SI:7 track down a Twilight's Hammer cult operating right inside Stormwind. That kid's going to be a King someday, and not just because of his birth. You keep him out of trouble!
- Operation: Shieldwall dailies unlocked →
- Friendly 950/6,000:
- Friendly 4,900/6,000:
- Honored 2,850/12,000:
- Honored 6,800/12,000:
- Honored 10,750/12,000:
- Revered 2,700/21,000:
- Revered 6,650/21,000:
- Revered 8,900/21,000:
- Revered 14,500/21,000:
- Revered 18,500/21,000:
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Added.