- For the Northern Stranglethorn quest, see .
|Start||Altruis the Sufferer / Kayn Sunfury|
|Level||98 - 110 (Requires 98)|
You must lead this hunt, <name> - a small force will join you to ensure Varedis meets his end.
You must try to make it into Varedis' hold undetected; the less time you spend in Legion territory the better.
Meet at Krasus' Landing when you are prepared to leave.
This hunt is yours to lead, <name> - a select few Illidari will join you to make sure Varedis meets his end.
The rest of us must stay behind; a small team will have the best chance of making it to his hold undetected.
We will meet you at Krasus' Landing to see you off when you are ready.
- 15,050 XP
What of the others? Did they...?
I see. They gave their lives for a worthy cause - the Twinblades will change the tide of this war, mark my words.
- On accept
- Altruis the Sufferer says: I will prepare a fel bat at Krasus' Landing to take you to Suramar. Varedis' time has come.
- Kayn Sunfury says: <Name>, I will meet you at Krasus' Landing and prepare a fel bat to take you to Suramar. Let the hunt begin!
- On approach
- Altruis the Sufferer says: Darksorrow and Ravencrest will join you on the hunt, <name>. You should be able to slip into the hold undetected.
- Kayn Sunfury says: Darksorrow and Ravencrest will have the honor of accompanying you into Suramar, <name>. A small force will have the best chance of flying undetected into the hold.
Click on Illidari Fel Bat to continue.
- Altruis the Sufferer says: Altruis the Sufferer says: Keep your guard up out there. Varedis' skills are the stuff of legend.
- Kayn Sunfury says: Keep your wits about you, <name>. Varedis will be a cunning adversary.
Stage 1: Stalking Your Prey
- Fly into Felsoul Hold.
- Altruis the Sufferer says: Damn! You'll need to destroy the wards sustaining that barrier before you can engage Varedis.
- Altruis the Sufferer says: They've spotted you. Hurry!
- Kayn Sunfury says: Varedis is well guarded. We need to take out the wards projecting that barrier.
- Kayn Sunfury says: You've been spotted. Push forward! Quickly!
Stage 2: They Are Not Prepared
- Dive into the fray.
- Altruis the Sufferer says: To hell with landing! Dive into the hold yourself. Show them your power!
- Kayn Sunfury says: There's no time to land. You must dive headlong into the fray. Go!
Stage 3: Wrath of the Illidari
- Description: Destroy the wards protecting Varedis and absorb the souls of his minions.
- Wards destroyed (3)
- Absorb demon souls
- Fel Commander Igrius yells: To arms! Lord Felsoul must not be disturbed.
- Altruis the Sufferer says: The fools think they can stand against you. Show them the price of their arrogance!
- Kayn Sunfury says: The demons underestimate your power. Punish them for their hubris.
- Fel Commander Igrius yells: Do you crave death, elf? Do you dare face my lord's wrath alone?
- Fel Commander Igrius yells: Finish the portal, damn you! We must protect the wards!
- Fel Commander Igrius yells: Mo'arg, to the front! This has gone on long enough.
Near the first ward, the corpse of Lyana Darksorrow is found.
- First ward destroyed
- Fel Commander Igrius yells: Bathe them in hellfire! Halt their advance!
Second ward is guarded by Igrius.
- Fel Commander Igrius says: You have gone far enough, mortal. This ends here.
- Fel Commander Igrius says: Your life is forfeit!
- Fel Commander Igrius yells: DIE!
- Fel Commander Igrius says: Master... I have... failed...
- Second ward destroyed
- Varedis Felsoul yells: <Name>... it's been years. You should know better than to stand against me.
- Varedis Felsoul yells: My master has granted me many gifts. Witness the power of the Deceiver!
- A Felsoul Crusher appears.
Continue further down.
- Varedis Felsoul yells: Pity your allies had to die. Don't worry... I'll put their souls to good use.
Stage 4: Unleashed Havoc
- Description: Kill Varedis Felsoul.
- Varedis Felsoul slain
- A scene starts showing Varedis Felsoul.
- Varedis Felsoul says: I was Illidari once... left for dead at the Black Temple. Now you will witness the might of my new master!
- Scene ends.
- Varedis Felsoul says: Behold the infinite power of the Twinblades!
- Varedis summons a path for the Illidari.
- Varedis Felsoul says: So, Illidari, you seek my head, that you might take the Twinblades as your own? Allow me to introduce you to their power... personally.
- Varedis Felsoul yells: Join me! Unleash your true power. Do not let the weak hold you back!
- Varedis Felsoul yells: Behold the might of the Deceiver! Behold the glory of the demon within!
- Varedis Felsoul yells: I am a GOD! KNEEL BEFORE ME!
- Varedis Felsoul yells: I am through with this charade! Your soul will feed the Twinblades.
- Kil'jaeden says: Do not fail me, Varedis.
- Kil'jaeden says: Unleash the Twinblades and destroy the interloper!
- Varedis Felsoul says: Gladly, my master!
- The player is stunned with Empowered Chaos Nova.
- Kil'jaeden says: Return to Argus. We will deal with this one another day.
- Varedis Felsoul says: I have no need for mortal armaments!
- Varedis throws the Twinblades on the ground.
- Varedis Felsoul says: This is not over... Illidari.
- Varedis escapes through a portal.
Final Stage: The Twinblades of the Deceiver
- Wield the Twinblades of the Deceiver
- Weapons obtained
- Altruis the Sufferer says: The Legion won't soon forget this day.
- Altruis the Sufferer says: We've rid the skies of the worst of them. We should have a clear shot to Dalaran from here.
- Altruis and an Illidari Fel Bat appear.
- Kayn Sunfury says: Well done, <name>. We managed to clear the skies while you dealt with Varedis.
- Kayn and an Illidari Fel Bat appear.
Click on the bat to be transported back to Dalaran.
- Kor'vas Bloodthorn, accompanied by Asha Ravensong and Belath Dawnblade, appears.
- Kor'vas Bloodthorn says: <Name>! You're alive!
- Asha Ravensong says: The Twinblades are even more impressive in person.
- Level 98
- Acquire the chosen artifact:
- Havoc (Twinblades of the Deceiver: and )
- Vengeance ( (main hand) and (off-hand))
- Level 101
- Level 103
- Level 110
- Patch 7.1.5 campaign
- Patch 7.2 campaign
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-08-30): The Living Flames summoned by Felsoul Crushers now give appropriate levels of experience during "The Hunt".
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.