The Lesser of Two Evils
The warren-mother in her den
|Level||90 (Requires 90)|
|Category||Valley of the Four Winds|
|Reputation||+275 The Tillers|
|Rewards||19 84 50 1|
Slay the Springtail Warren-Mother.
- Springtail Warren-Mother slain
Like any farming community, we have the occasional virmen troubles.
The most powerful Springtail virmen live high up in the cliffs to the north, and only come down when they run out of veggies to nibble on.
Frankly, I've dealt with virmen before. They're nothing but a pest that must be kept in check, and there's no better way to do that than by killing their warren-mother. Easy as that.
("Springtail Warren-Mother: Till and kill, neighbor. Till and kill.")
I've had plenty of experience with virmen in the past. Just show them you're stronger than they are, and they'll back off.
There, that's done with. Now we shift our focus back to farming, for a change.
- 236000 XP
- +275 reputation with The Tillers
Pick up the other dailies before heading out.
Fly up to the Springtail Crag and enter the westernmost virmen din. In the back of the den is the Springtail Warren-Mother, pathing a circle in front of some stolen sugar beets, watermlons, and hot peppers.
The warren-mother, a level 90 virmen with 787,000 health, has the following abilities:
- Tail Spring Melee range — Hits target enemy with his tail, inflicting Physical damage and knocking the target away. Instant. Hits for ~8300 Physical on cloth.
- Putting My Foot Down! — Stomp the ground, inflicting Physical damage and blinding enemies within 7 yards with a dust cloud. Instant. Hits for 14 Physical.
- Frenzied Hop — Madly hops up and down, dealing 11 Physical damage to all enemies within 7 yards every 0.50 sec for 5 sec. Channeled. Hits for 1882-1883 Physical on cloth.
- Springtail Warren-Mother says: This virmen land!
At some percentage of health lost, she will run to one of the stolen vegetable piles and munch on them, gaining an ability:
- Springtail Warren-Mother says: Fighting make me... HUNGRY!
- Springtail Warren-Mother says: Om nom nom nom...
- Sugar Beets
- Springtail Warren Mother says: So... SWEET!
- Sugar Rush — Spin in place, kicking up dusty tornados. Channeled. Triggers...
- Summon Twister 30 yd range — Summon a cyclone near the target's location. Instant.
- Springtail Warren-Mother says: So many SEEDS!
- Spitting Seeds 5-60 yd range — Rapidly spit seeds at your target. Channeled. The warren-mother will leap to the far side of the room and start the channel. Seeds have a slight knock-back component. Run close to her to stop the channel.
- Hot Peppers
- Springtail Warren-Mother says: So... SPICY!!!
- Fiery Breath — Periodically breathe fire at enemies. Self-buff. Starts chain-casting...
- Fiery Breath 150 yd range — Lobs a bolus of fiery breath. 0.95 sec cast. Hits a marked ground-target for 39,394 Fire after a second or two of travel time.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.