|Level||60 (Requires 60)|
|Next||In the Shadow of Our Failures|
Help the Accuser identify the sins of Kael'thas Sunstrider.
- Begin the ritual of absolution.
- Kael'thas sins identified (5)
Kael'thas Sunstrider was on the verge of destruction when we rescued him from Castle Nathria.
It made his soul strong, but unstable--confused and pushed to the edge of its own existence.
Trust me when I tell you that Kael'thas Sunstrider has enough sins of his own.
Assist me in identifying which of the many sins heaped on his soul are truly his burden to bear.
You will receive:
- 12 87
- 4,750 XP
The ritual of inquisition allows me to peer directly into a soul to see every sin weighing it down.
To be clear: We did not absolve Kael'thas Sunstrider of any of these sins.
He might never be absolved of them. It must ultimately be his choice to change.
But we did stabilize his soul, which means he will at least have the opportunity to make that choice.
The first set of sins regards the character flaws of Kael'thas.
- The Accuser says: Help me identify the true sins of Kael'thas Sunstrider.
- The Accuser says: What character flaw most hindered Kael'thas?
- The Accuser says: Jealousy...
Here a <Vision of Jealousy> is shown pointing at two Enamored Blood Elf, one male and one female.
- The Accuser says: ... Arrogance...
Here a <Vision of Arrogance> is shown laughing at two Desperate Blood Elf, one male and one female.
- The Accuser says: ... Or Greed?
Here a <Vision of Greed> is shown dancing above a pile of gold and treasure with two Wealthy Blood Elf, one male and one female.
After selecting the <Vision of Arrogance>,
- The Accuser yells: Your arrogance swells within you, like so many other tyrants!
- The Accuser says: When the Sunwell was destroyed and Kael'thas was desperate to regain a magical connection for his people, who did he surrender his will to?
- The Accuser says: The Lich King...
Here a <Vision of Surrender> appears bowing before the Lich King.
- The Accuser says: ...The Old Gods...
Here a <Vision of Surrender> appears bowing before Yogg-Saron.
- The Accuser says: ...Or the Burning Legion?
Here a <Vision of Surrender> appears bowing before Kil'jaeden.
After selecting Kael'thas bowing to Kil'jaeden,
- The Accuser yells: Kil'jaeden exploited your arrogance, paranoia, and obsession to bend you to his will!
- The Accuser says: I have found the heaviest burden on Kael'thas Sunstrider's soul.
- The Accuser says: How did Kael'thas fail his people?
- The Accuser says: Did he abandon his people...
A <Vision of Abandonment> where a blood elf is being attacked by a Scourge is shown.
- The Accuser says: ... Betray his people...
A <Vision of Betrayal> where Kael'thas is killing a blood elf is shown.
- The Accuser says: ...Or corrupt his people?
Here you can pick any as the correct answer.
- The Accuser yells: Kael'thas Sunstrider committed all of these sins against his own people!
- Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: You cannot judge me! I did what was needed to save my people!
- The Accuser yells: You did what you wanted and everyone else bore the consequences!
- The Accuser says: Kael'thas Sunstrider... you failed your people.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.