|The subject of this article was removed in patch 7.1.0 but remains in World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic.
|Level||70 (Requires 70)|
|Reputation||+250 The Violet Eye|
See Nightbane quest chain for a summary of this quest chain.
Journal? What journal?
Oh, right. That journal! The Violet Eye sent me here for it. It's all coming back now.
<Kamsis points to a page in the journal.>
This is the page that Alturus is interested in. Did you know that while other people's journals serve as a record of their memories, Medivh's is literally just that?
Try it. Go to the Master's Terrace and read the page; you'll see just what I mean. Might as well report to Alturus while you're at it. I'm afraid I'll be here for a while.
You will receive:
- +250 reputation with The Violet Eye
You've returned! What news do you bring?
It is a shame that the agents we sent succumbed to Karazhan's magic. At least you managed to obtain what they were after.
There are at least 3 areas in Karazhan all named Master's Terrace. The one here is on level 3, at the center (southern end) on a long stretch where you can mount and gallop across. It is very near the side entrance to Karazhan.
- Medivh yells: You've got my attention, dragon. You'll find I'm not as easily scared as the villagers below.
- Arcanagos yells: Your dabbling in the arcane has gone too far, Medivh. You've attracted the attention of powers beyond your understanding. You must leave Karazhan at once!
- Medivh yells: You dare challenge me at my own dwelling? Your arrogance is astounding, even for a dragon.
- Arcanagos yells: A dark power seeks to use you, Medivh! If you stay, dire days will follow. You must hurry, we don't have much time!
- Medivh yells: I do not know what you speak of, dragon... but I will not be bullied by this display of insolence. I'll leave Karazhan when it suits me!
- Arcanagos yells: You leave me no alternative. I will stop you by force if you won't listen to reason.
- Arcanagos glows with a blue aura as Medivh casts a pyroblast that reflects off the dragon. Injured, Medivh stands back to his feet.
- Medivh begins to cast a spell of great power, weaving his own essence into the magic.
- Arcanagos begins to burn.
- Arcanagos yells: What have you done, wizard? This cannot be! I'm burning from... within!
- Arcanagos flies off into the distance aflame.
- Medivh says: He should not have angered me. I must go... recover my strength now...
This is part of the Nightbane quest chain: