The Monkey King frozen in jade
|End||The Monkey King|
|Reputation||+150 Operation: Shieldwall|
|Rewards||19 84 50|
- Speak with Anduin Wrynn
- Escort Anduin Wrynn
- Release the Monkey King
Ever since the Horde captured the I have been searching for a means to counter its power.
My research got as far as this tomb. I am going inside. If you follow me, I will share the rest as we go.
If we get separated, meet me back here at the entrance to the tomb. Speak to me when you a ready to proceed.
("The Monkey King: Sometimes the only way to beat a legend is with another legend.")
You come asking for the Monkey King?
Let us see how well you ookin' sing.
Who are you, so tiny and boring?
Your cause is silly! You leave me snoring.
Three riddles I will ask,
These riddles are a task,
Finish each without pause,
And we shall see if I help your cause.
- 236000 XP
- +150 reputation with Operation: Shieldwall
- Garrosh is going to try to use the Divine bell to wreak havoc on the land. We must find a way to stop him.
- Anduin, why are we here?
- Anduin starts running in to the Tomb of Conquerors, dodging traps along the way.
- Anduin Wrynn says: According to my research, the pandaren long ago made a special mallet that was intended for the Divine Bell.
- Anduin Wrynn says: When using the mallet on the Divine Bell, the pandaren monks were able to create pure harmony.
- Anduin takes a left into a newly-opened portion of the crypt, filled with hozen, mogu, and quilen converted to jade.
- Anduin Wrynn says: But then the Monkey King one day decided to steal the mallet and hide it as a prank. There is no record of the mallet after that.
- Anduin Wrynn says: What I did find, however, was the final resting place of the infamous "Monkey King."
- Anduin Wrynn says: The tricky part is, he was frozen in jade while dueling a mogu that history names "The Jade Warlord."
- Anduin Wrynn says: I found an incantation to release these two from their prison. But it will release both of them. Once I cast this, defeat the Jade Warlord before he can get his bearings.
Anduin stops in the middle of the room in front of a mogu and hozen frozen in jade. Speak with Anduin again:
- I'm ready. Release the Monkey King.
- Anduin starts casting a spell to release the hozen and mogu.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Here goes nothing. My research did not have nice things to say about this Jade Warlord. Be ready for battle.
- The jade is released and the Monkey King jumps from on top of the Jade Warlord's blade to a position a few yards from Anduin.
- The Monkey King says: Iiiiiiii'm back Wikkets!
The Jade Warlord is a level 90 elite mogu with 2 million health. Finish him off, then speak to the Monkey King to turn in.
- The Jade Warlord says: The... Empire... will rise again.
- The Monkey King says: Woo hoo! Son of an Ook! Pins and needles, pins and needles. Legs are asleep. Hands are asleep. Nibs are asleep.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Ah... your grace?
- The Monkey King says: Ooo? Grace? I am not an emperor, little thing. You stand before the Monkey King!
- Anduin Wrynn says: My apologies. My name is Anduin Wrynn. This champion and I need your help.
- The Monkey King says: Help? You saved me from eternity trapped in jade! I'm gonna throw you the biggest party ever made!
- Anduin Wrynn says: Thank you, but this is hardly the time for a party. A dangerous war leader named Garrosh has found the Divine Bell. We need the Harmonic Mallet to counter it.
- The Monkey King says: Oh... the missing Harmonic Mallet, eh? Such a silly name. So you come find the King because he is to blame?
- Anduin Wrynn says: Well, my research said you were the last one to-
- The Monkey King says: Ah ya ta ta! Don't worry, you in the right place. But let's first see if I like what comes out of your face.
- Free! Free at last after ten thousand years! This a happy day! Gonna need biggest party ever! With nibs! And dibs! And brews! And jungle hozen! And mountain hozen! And sky hozen!
- Operation: Shieldwall dailies unlocked →
- Friendly 950/6,000:
- Friendly 4,900/6,000:
- Honored 2,850/12,000:
- Honored 6,800/12,000:
- Honored 10,750/12,000:
- Revered 2,700/21,000:
- Revered 6,650/21,000:
- Revered 8,900/21,000:
- Revered 14,500/21,000:
- Revered 18,500/21,000:
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Added.