The Motives of the Mantid
|Level||89 (Requires 88)|
Item level 429 bracers|
- First Clue
- Second Clue
- Third Clue
- Fourth Clue
<Class>. You may be of assistance.
The Shado-Pan wishes to know why the mantid are attacking so violently. We have our suspicions, but we cannot be sure. Furthermore, we do not want the mantid to know that we are investigating them.
That's where you come in.
I need you to kill the mantid of Kri'vess, in the north. I will lurk behind you in the shadows, and search for clues on their bodies.
Shall we move on, then?
The abundance of yak hair on that mantid's body suggests one thing... it came from Niuzao Temple. Our journey continues westward, <class>.
- 196000 XP
- +100 reputation with Shado-Pan
Pick up before heading out. Provisioner Bamfu also has some collection quests that can be done alongside of these: , , and .
Head northeast out of the garrison through the Underbough. Start killing mushan and turtles, and looting mao-willows. Circle around to the north side of Kri'vess to find the entrance to the mantid area. Tai Ho will join the party as players get close:
- Tai Ho says: You take them out. I'll hide in the shadows and search their bodies.
The weapons and supplies caches are OUTSIDE of the tree to the north. Use the item and target the ground where the weapons and supplies caches are to destroy them. The mantid will take exception to this, so take them out. Tai Ho may not find any clues on the corpses of the mantid:
- Tai Ho says: Nothing on this one
- Tai Ho says: No... nothing of note here. Keep looking.
- Tai Ho says: There's nothing here. Let's keep looking.
Or he could find a random poor-quality item:
- Tai Ho says: Here's something you might find interesting.
- Tai Ho says: No clues here... but I did find this.
- Tai Ho says: I have no need for this. Do you want it?
- Tai Ho says: The color has just... left its body.
- Tai Ho says: There's no doubt about it. These creatures have been affected by sha.
- Tai Ho says: Look at the size of these! This one is definitely a breeding male.
- Tai Ho says: That means the mantid queen is involved in this... somehow.
- Tai Ho says: His body - it's covered in scars. Old scars.
- Tai Ho says: Not just any scars, either. These were created by pandaren weapons.
- Tai Ho says: Here it is! This is what we've been looking for!
- Tai Ho says: Yak hair.
- Tai Ho says: Come back to camp when you are finished. We have much to discuss.
Finish up with the three gathering quests before heading back.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.