Separate Murkscale Strikers from their heads
|Level||87 (Requires 86)|
Item level 399 rings|
Take a good look. The river nearby is swarming with these snakes. Their venom causes a condition the locals call "the murksweats."
Several refugees were bitten as they fled the temple and have already begun to show symptoms: nausea, vomiting, and intense sweating as the body rejects all fluids, causing dehydration and potentially death.
We are administering anti-venom as quickly as possible, but we'll need more venom glands. Don't bother removing the glands yourself - just bring back the whole head.
<Anduin is focused intently on his hands, swiftly carving venom glands from the snakes.>
Inside the jaw... two inches behind the second set of fangs...
Thank you, <class>. I knew you'd be hardy enough to handle it.
Judging by the sounds coming out of these refugees, I would not wish the murksweats on my worst enemy.
- 129000 XP
Anduin's gossip text:
- If you've come to return me to my father, I must ask that you look around us first - can we truly walk away from these people in their time of need and still claim to represent the Alliance?
- Our people have their differences, <class>, but we are all guests in this place.
- The pandaren have shown me great hospitality and respect, as I'm sure you've also received, and now they need our help.
- The Horde is not without honor. If you know honor, you will know to save our quarrel for another time.
Both factions have the following dialogue option:
- How did you end up here?
- When the SI:7 found me, they wanted to take me home. I ran away.
- It wasn't long before the Horde found me.
- During the battle at Serpent's Heart, I managed to slip away in the chaos. A merchant allowed me to ride with his family as they fled west, to Zhu's Watch.
- It was there that I met Mei Barrelbottom.
- She told me of the Crane Wing order, and on her advice I accompanied a courier to the temple to seek an audience with Chi-Ji, the Red Crane.
- I was studying with the disciples there when the sha arrived.
- Why didn't you return to Stormwind with the SI:7?
- I could not bear to sit in Stormwind Keep while my people's blood spills here!
- Pandaria has much to teach us. There is great power here. Power that could save thousands of lives.
- And I am to find it.
Saurok are to the west and south. Snakes are in the water. Get within interact distance of the traps (but not too close), then click on "Scrutiny", then the traps to avoid taking damage and get quest credit.
On complete of all three:
- Koro Mistwalker says: Anduin, will you join me? With the saurok threat at bay for now, it's time we discuss our next move.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Certainly.
- Anduin walks over from his position to where Koro is sitting.
- Anduin Wrynn says: There should be plenty of anti-venom, thanks to <name>.
- Koro Mistwalker says: Thank you - both of you. The Red Crane has always symbolized hope to our people, but in his absence, I fear that even my thoughts began to darken.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Think no more on despair, Koro. We have a saying where I'm from: It is darkest just before the dawn.
- Koro Mistwalker chuckles.
- Koro Mistwalker says: That it is. You speak with a wisdom beyond your years. If we get through this, I think I'd like to know more about where you're from.
They both offer quests.
- The voice file of Anduin says "There should be plenty of anti-venom, thanks to this adventurer." instead of the player's name.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.