|Level||98 - 110 (Requires 98)|
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Completion
- 5 Notes
- 6 Progression
- 7 Patches and hotfixes
- 8 External links
- Ritual Perfomed
- Escape from Dreadscar Rift
It is time to begin the ritual, warlock. Be prepared, for the summoning we perform today will be more challenging than any you have known or seen before.
Are you ready?
You will receive:
- 15 40
- 15,050 XP
Calydus sorry we not save your friends, but maybe they survive if we hurry.
Jagganoth torture them, yes, but he likes to keep victims alive... mostly.
On accept, Ritssyn and the rest of the warlocks reposition themselves in a semicircle, with Zelifrax Wobblepox in the middle and an empty spot right next to him.
- Ritssyn Flamescowl says: The sixth is here. Let us begin.
- Ritssyn Flamescowl says: Zelifrax will lead us in the ritual. You have studied the rites, gnome?
- Zelifrax Wobblepox says: Yeah, yeah. Don't worry about me, hothead! I know what needs to be done.
- Zelifrax Wobblepox says: Akris nor-menoth!
- A large demonic gateway appears.
- Zelifrax Wobblepox says: I need everyone to channel on the portal. This ritual requires our unwavering concentration!
- Shinfel Blightsworn says: It's not our concentration that should concern you. Let us hope our newest addition can keep up.
- Shinfel Blightsworn says: What are you waiting for, new blood? Begin!
Interact with the Summoning Portal to start the 60 second-long Summoning ritual, at which point the other warlocks follow suit.
- Zelifrax Wobblepox says: Your power is impressive, warlock. The ritual begins!
- Zelifrax Wobblepox says: Kirest-alak yrthog norush...
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker says: Be prepared! We're reaching deeper into the Nether than ever before. Who knows what we may find!
- Zelifrax Wobblepox says: Gal nortalesh da val...
- Ritssyn Flamescowl says: Keep focused... I sense a being of great power on the other side...
- Zelifrax Wobblepox says: Zor-arik var... um... telosh?
- Ritssyn Flamescowl says: Zelifrax!
- Zelifrax Wobblepox says: Uh... or was it teloth? I'm always mixing those up!
With 10 seconds remaining of the ritual, the warlocks suddenly cease channeling on the portal as it begins to catch fire.
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker says: No! The portal!
- Suddenly, Jagganoth violently emerges from the portal, knocking back and stunning everyone except Zelifrax.
- Jagganoth yells: Who dares summon me?!
- Zelifrax runs up to the pit lord and begins casting a spell.
- Zelifrax Wobblepox says: It is I, Zelifrax Wobblepox! You will serve me, demon!
- Jagganoth grabs Zelifrax with his right hand and throws him across the room, killing him.
- Jagganoth yells: Trifling gnome! I think not!
- Zelifrax Wobblepox yells: Aieeeeee!
- Jagganoth yells: Foolish mortals! You think yourselves worthy to enslave the mighty Jagganoth?
- Five Dreadscar Jailers appear and begins imprisoning the warlocks with magical chains.
- Jagganoth yells: It is you who will be made to serve!
- The screen fades to black.
Stage 1: Far From Home
- Listen to Ritssyn.
- Listen to Ritssyn
- Ritssyn Flamescowl says: So, the new blood awakens. You were spared the brunt of the pit lord's assault. A pity the rest of us... weren't so lucky...
- Ritssyn Flamescowl says: We would seem to be Jagganoth's prisoners on some forsaken Legion world. Imagine the horrors he has planned for us...
- Ritssyn begins casting a spell.
- Ritssyn Flamescowl says: Personally, I would prefer to avoid such torment.
- Ritssyn cancels his spell and kneels in pain.
- Ritssyn Flamescowl says: Ungh! Pain... hard to... focus...
- Ritssyn Flamescowl says: Quickly! Before our jailer turns his attention to us. You may be able to control him long enough...
Stage 2: The Dread Warden
- Enslave the jailer Beshtal to free yourself from his cage, then defeat him with Ritssyn's aid.
- Beshtal enslaved
- Escape the jailer
Upon entering the second stage, you are given the "Enslave Beshtal" spell.
- Enslave Beshtal — Enslaves the target demon, forcing it to do your bidding. Lasts up to 5 minutes.
Use the spell to enslave the jailer, which allows you and Ritssyn to jump out of your cages and down onto Beshtal's platform.
- Beshtal says: I... obey...
Immediately after, however, Beshtal turns hostile again.
- Beshtal yells: What trickery is this? No one escapes my cells!
Help Ritssyn kill the jailer.
- Beshtal says: Jagganoth will... end you...
- Ritssyn walks over to the center of the platform and kneels down.
- A scream sounds from the top of the pit.
- Ritssyn Flamescowl says: That was Jubeka! The others might yet live!
Stage 3: The Shattered Council
- Rescue Jubeka Shadowbreaker, Zinnin Smythe, and Shinfel Blightsworn.
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker freed
- Zinnin Smythe freed
- Shinfel Blightsworn freed
- Ritssyn Flamescowl says: I am... too wounded to go with you, warlock. Find the others. Together... you might survive this.
- A wyrmtongue named Calydus appears and runs down the ramp towards the pit.
- Ritssyn Flamescowl says: Leave me! Ritssyn Flamescowl is no one's burden!
Upon approaching Calydus:
- Calydus says: Wait! Please don't hurt Calydus!
- Calydus says: Calydus is servant to the cruel, cruel Jagganoth. He abuses and mocks poor Calydus. But you! You could be his undoing!
- Calydus says: Calydus will distract sentries. Find your friends. We will meet again soon!
- Calydus disguises himself as a dancing male gnome and runs past the two Dreadscar Sunderers stationed at the top of the pit, causing them to follow him.
- Dreadscar Sunderer yells: A prisoner has escaped!
Run up out of the pit and head directly west to find Jubeka, who has been strapped to a Legion structure and is being terrorized by two Blighted Scavengers. Kill the scavengers and then free her, after which Jubeka starts following you.
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker says: I was... nearly food for the hounds. Thank you.
Head southeast to find Zinnin being interrogated by a Dreadscar Torturer.
- Dreadscar Torturer says: Your silence cannot last forever, worgen!
- Zinnin Smythe says: ...
After freeing Zinnin, head northeast, where Shinfel is being interrogated by another torturer.
- Shinfel Blightsworn says: Is that the best you've got, demon? I thought your kind knew how to torture. Pathetic!
- Dreadscar Torturer says: Savor your words while your mind can still form them, worm!
Upon freeing Shinfel:
- Shinfel Blightsworn says: I appreciate the assistance, warlock. These demons are dreadfully boring.
Stage 4: Jailbreak
- Meet with Calydus on the bridge past the fel flame barrier.
- Meet with Calydus
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker says: Wait... where is Ritssyn?
- Shinfel Blightsworn says: The orc was gravely injured and cannot follow. No matter. We four should suffice to control that pit lord. That is still our goal, yes?
- Zinnin Smythe says: ...
- Shinfel Blightsworn says: Fine, stubborn worgen! Escape shall be our first priority. But if the opportunity to enslave the demon presents itself, I say we take it!
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker says: Then it's decided. Let's keep moving.
A short distance away, two Dreadscar Jailers are standing guard in front of a fel barrier powered by two crystals. Kill the jailers and deactivate the Barrier Controls, then proceed northeast up the ridge and meet with Calydus.
- Calydus yells: This way! Over here!
- Shinfel Blightsworn says: What is this miserable creature?
- Calydus says: Calydus is a friend, you will see! Jagganoth hunts powerful weapons. Friend could use these weapons to rule this place!
- Shinfel Blightsworn says: Rule? I like the sound of that.
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker says: Slow down, Shinfel. How do we know we can trust this thing?
- Calydus says: You must trust Calydus! Come to the archives! It's not far!
Stage 5: The Pit Lord's Secrets
- Follow Calydus to the archives to uncover information about the artifacts Jagganoth hunts.
- Tome of Blighted Implements (item)
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker says: I don't know. I've got a bad feeling about this.
- Nelach, the All-Seeing says: I see... intruders!
- Nelach, the All-Seeing says: I see... nothing...
The archive houses several large, floating, Felbound Tomes, with the Tome of Blighted Implements floating in the middle of the area. Jubeka runs over to inspect one of the lesser tomes while Calydus stands next to the Tome of Blighted Implemensts.
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker says: This is amazing! Think of all we could learn from these tomes!
- Shinfel Blightsworn says: Not to mention the power they could give us...
- Calydus says: Here! This is the tome you seek, friend!
- Calydus says: Take it! Then we can leave this place before Jagganoth finds us!
Interact with the tome to loot the quest item.
Final Stage: To Fight Another Day
- Follow Calydus to escape from Dreadscar Rift.
- Escape from Jagganoth's Lair
- Jagganoth yells: Insolent wretches!
- Shinfel Blightsworn says: It would appear we've been discovered.
- Jagganoth suddenly teleports in behind Shinfel, causing Calydus to cower in terror while Jubeka and Zinnin enter combat positions.
- Jagganoth yells: Did you think you could escape my grasp so easily?
- Jagganoth grabs Shinfel much like he did with Zelifrax.
- Shinfel Blightsworn says: Ungh... Unhand me, wretch!
- Jagganoth yells: Haughty warlocks! You presume to issue commands to my kind! Face the consequences for your insolence!
- Jagganoth throws Shinfel across the area.
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker yells: Shinfel! No!
- Jagganoth yells: I will smash you like the insignificant gnats you are!
Jagganoth leaps up into the air and lands in the center of the archive, knocking Calydus, Jubeka, Zinnin and the player back the way they came. A fel barrier appears, blocking the way back into the archive. Fel meteors begin to bombard the area.
- Jagganoth yells: Burn! Burn in fel fire!
- Calydus yells: Flee, friend! We must escape through the gateway!
Follow Calydus and begin running towards the gateway. Suddenly, Zinnin runs ahead a short distance...
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker yells: Zinnin, look out!
... and is knocked to the ground by a fel meteor.
- Jagganoth yells: Your skull will make a fine trophy!
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker says: Zinnin...
Shortly after, Jubeka does the same thing but abruptly stops as she is hit by a meteor as well.
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker yells: Oh no!
- Jubeka kneels in defeat.
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker says: Ungh! Press on, warlock... close the portal!
- Jagganoth yells: I will burn you to cinders!
Just as you and Calydus are about to reach the portal, a giant infernal named Xel'toth emerges from the gateway and attacks the player while Calydus cowers in fear. After killing the infernal, follow Calydus into the portal.
- Calydus yells: The path is clear! Hurry!
- Jagganoth yells: This is not over, warlock! I will see the end of you!
After heading through the portal, you arrive back in the Circle of Wills with Calydus. Directly behind you, the gateway to Dreadscar Rift has been shattered.
- Calydus says: You did it, friend! The portal is closed! He cannot pursue us here.
- Calydus says: We must find the weapon so that Jagganoth can be defeated! The book is the key!
Speak with Calydus to turn in the quest.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-09-02): For "The New Blood", players can now loot an additional Tome of Blighted Implements to fulfill the requirement to do so if they already have the Tome of Blighted Implements in their inventory.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.