The Power of Malorne
|Level||85 (Requires 85)|
|Reputation||+250 Guardians of Hyjal|
Use the Guardian's Staff to summon and defeat Galenges.
- Galenges slain
<Matoclaw's voice continues.>
Do you remember the staff that I gave you? Place it in the pile of ash in front of the portal. Then pray that Malorne comes to your aid.
("Galenges, the Unbreakable: Wait for Malorne to attack, then unload on him!")
Galenges has fallen, the unbreakable is broken... but our work is not done.
You will receive:
- 69400 XP (or 16 54 at max level)
- +250 reputation with Guardians of Hyjal
This quest is automatically offered upon completion of . Head east past the flamegate to see a glowing Pile of Ash at on the ground in front of some curiously burnt trees and a glowing portal. Place the staff. Galenges is a level 85 elite flamewaker with 1.3 million health, who immediately shatters the staff and starts attacking whoever placed it. A few seconds in, one of Malorne's ghostly spirit fragments will appear, weakening Galenges. Take this opportunity to quickly finish him off.
Galenges has the following abilities:
- Melee 3600-4700 on cloth
- Focused Strikes Melee range — Slices rapidly at the enemy for 5 sec. Channeled. Repeatedly triggers...
- Focused Strike Melee range — Slices rapidly at the enemy, dealing 50% weapon damage. Instant
The Spirit of Malorne has the following ability:
- Antlers of Malorne 100 yd range — Charge at Galenges, increasing damage taken by 900% and reducing side by 30% for 10 sec. Instant.
On placing the staff:
- Galenges yells: Which one dares to challenge Galenges? Stand forward, weakling!
- Galenges destroys the staff and opens himself up to attack.
- Galenges yells: You stand no chance against me!
- A stag comes, weakening him.
- Galenges is weakened by Malorne's Antlers! Attack him now!
- Galenges yells: Ahh! What is the meaning of this!?
- Galenges yells: A noble effort... but it will take more than one of your puny stags to take down Galenges, the UNBREAKABLE!
- Dailies open up:
- (requires x20)
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Added.