The Reckoning (Storm Peaks)
- For other uses, see Reckoning (disambiguation).
|Level||80 (Requires 77)|
|Experience||37000 (or 22 20 at 80)|
, , |
The Reckoning is part of the Sons of Hodir quest chain.
Loken killed my wife, turned my followers and me against each other. He took away everything I had, but today... that changes.
Today we reclaim our sacred grounds. Today... Loken dies.
Meet me on the bridge near the Temple of Wisdom, just southwest of Ulduar. I will finish this one way or the other.
I need you there as a witness. You will not aid me -- this is personal.
After it's done, send word to Jokkum, King of the Frost Giants. He's a good friend and will know what to do.
Ach, <name>! It's good to see you, little one.
No... it cannot be...
No one can defeat Thorim in single combat. Not a giant, nor a beast... no one! Especially not that coward of a brother of his.
On my forefather's names, this I swear...
Loken will pay for this!
The Temple of Wisdom is just south of Ulduar, north of the mainland. Thorim is standing on the bridge north of it at
- I've hidden from my destiny long enough. What I must do has never been clearer.
- Loken must be destroyed by my hand.
I'm with you, Thorim.
- Thorim says: It is time I put an end to my brother's madness.
- Thorim walks up and yells in Loken's face
- Thorim yells: Loken!!
- Thorim yells: Stand up and fight me, you worthless traitor!
- Loken knocks Thorim away, then jumps up to him.
- Loken says: You seem eager to join your beloved Sif, brother.
- Thorim unleashes a flurry of attacks, knocking Loken back towards the center of the temple
- Thorim says: Do not dare...
- Thorim says: Speak...
- Thorim says: Her name!!
- Loken yells: ENOUGH!
- Loken says: Looks like you can still best me in a fair fight, little brother.
- Loken says: Unfortunately for you.... this fight is anything but fair!
- Loken incapacitates Thorim with a beam of some sort, trapping him in a tentacle-shaped form, and summons two Runeforged Servants.
- Loken says: Thanks to your little friend, you've left the Temple of Storms, where you were at your strongest. Instead we fight closer to my master's power.
- Loken says: Minions! Take my brother and his drake to their new dwellings. Make sure the beast makes it alive. I have special plans for the broodmother.
- Loken says: As for your life, mortal. I will be generous. After all... why would I destroy my most useful servant? I waited for you for weeks inside that Hyldnir mine.
- Loken says: The shape wasn't mine, of course. And had you not been so reckless, you would've seen past my illusion. But you came through for me, and for that... I must thank you!
- Loken, Thorim and the remainder of the NPCs teleport away.
- (+28,600 The Sons of Hodir)
- Note: The chain continues from a dropped item: (dropped by Stormforged Iron Giants). You should complete this quest before returning to Thorim.
- (+28,600 The Sons of Hodir)
- (+325 The Sons of Hodir)
Mandatory side quest:
- (+455 The Sons of Hodir)
Mandatory side quests:
- (+650 The Sons of Hodir) &
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Added.