|Start||Allari the Souleater|
|End||Allari the Souleater|
|Reputation||+150 Court of Farondis|
Item level 680 ring or feet|
|Next||/ (demon hunter)|
Work with Allari the Souleater to compel information from the demon souls.
- Speak with Allari the Souleater
- First demon soul released
- First demon soul compelled
- Second demon soul released
- Second demon soul compelled
- Soul Gem entered
- Arev'naal compelled
- Leave soul gem (Optional)
- Meet back up with Allari
Let's head to the other side of the stand. We will release the demon souls one by one and get the answers that we seek concerning Lord Illidan.
The Scythe of Souls will ensure that we do.
You will also receive:
- +150 reputation with Court of Farondis
I wouldn't take what Arev'naal said to heart. The inquisitor demons are masters of misinformation. You don't suspect betrayal within the ranks of your order, do you?
<The Souleater looks thoughtful and grim.>
I fear we won't have all our answers about Lord Illidan for awhile.
- Quest accept
- Allari the Souleater says: Come, <class>, we are going to compel some demon souls.
- Speak with Allari
- Together, we will release the demon souls from the gems and use the scythe to compel them to talk.
- Let me know when you are ready to begin.
- I'm ready, Allari. Let's begin.
- First demon
- Allari the Souleater says: <Name>, break the first soul gem and release a demon soul.
- Allari channels the power of her scythe.
- Allari the Souleater says: Tell us everything you know, foul creature!
- Demon Soul says: Ahahaha! We are Legion. We know you, Allari, and you, <name>. You will be ours.
- Allari the Souleater says: Quickly, <name>, break the next soul gem.
- Second demon
- Allari the Souleater says: Where is the Legion keeping Illidan's body? Tell me, or your suffering will be the stuff of legend.
- Demon Soul says: Our combined will is greater than your scythe. I will not tell you.
- Allari the Souleater says: I think I understand why this is not working.
- Allari the Souleater says: A powerful demon I have kept trapped in the gems is helping them to resist.
- Allari the Souleater says: <Name>, you must enter the soul gem and force Arev'naal to reveal Lord Illidan's location.
- Enter the third soul gem
- Questioner Arev'naal says: Ah, visitors. It's been a long time since Mardum, Allari.
- Aggro Arev'naal
- Questioner Arev'naal says: You'll learn nothing from me, Souleater!
- Allari the Souleater says: You WILL talk, foul demon!
- Questioner Arev'naal says: Your own order is unraveling. Betrayed from within... a curse you'll bear for all eternity.
- Allari the Souleater says: What's he talking about? Meet me outside the gem.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-09-01): Players who leave the area and return during the "The Scythe of Souls" should be able to complete the quest.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.