Arkoban and Baine
|End||Highlord Bolvar Fordragon|
|Level||60 (Requires 60)|
The Search for Baine serves as players' full tutorial of a standard wing of Torghast, Tower of the Damned.
Enter Torghast and search for Baine.
- Use Ve'nari's portal to enter Torghast
- Take the to the Wayfinder and see where it leads
- Warden Arkoban slain
- Baine Rescued
I dare not step inside that accursed tower myself, of course.
While I cannot tell you exactly where your comrade is being held, I offer a gift to assist you.
Use it inside Torghast. It should take you somewhere near your missing ally. Baine Bloodhoof was his name, yes?
Either that, or you'll end up trapped within the tower's ever-shifting halls for all eternity.
But those are the risks one must take, I suppose. Best of luck!
You will receive:
- 102 96
- 14,200 XP
You've found him!
Finding Baine was no easy feat. But you braved the horrors of that tower and succeeded.
But I fear your work is only just beginning.
Run through the Portal to Torghast. Head east to the main hall and interact with the Wayfinder:
- <When infused with an Attuned Shard, this device can open hidden pathways within the tower.>
Accept the instance invite to enter this special wing of Torghast, serving as a full tutorial. Just on the other side is an anima cell, offering a choice of powers. Accept it, trigger the Mawsworn guard, then start killing a path through enemies.
- Mawsworn Guard yells: Intruders are here!
- Warden Arkoban yells: Guards! It seems there are interlopers among us! To your posts!
The trash in here are not intended to be too difficult, as this is another tutorial run. Make sure to loot mobs and Ashen Phylacteries for their !
Interact with Bound Soul Remnants to free them, gaining an untimed stacking 1% buff to primary stats (strength/agility/intellect). Keep an eye out for more anima cells as well.
In the next, flooded room, the warden calls out:
- Warden Arkoban says: Still you continue? Very well, the scavengers will feed on your essence.
Waves of Starving Mawrats will aggro. Clear them, then take out the floor boss, an empowered version of a normal enemy. The floor boss drops an anima hoard, and don't forget the bound soul next to him, then head upstairs to the next floor.
The second floor has the first environmental enemy, Soul Emanations, which constantly launch missiles into the vicinity. Should a player get hit by one they will find themselves randomly a few yards away and stunned. Nothing to this floor, so kill a path through it up to the next.
The third floor is a safe floor, with no enemies to kill, plenty of souls to free, and anima cells to plunder, along with a cameo by the Tarragrue. Additionally, players will come across their first broker, who will exchange the looted Phantasma for anima powers, utility items, and anima cells. Purchase as desired, then move on. Remember that Phantasma is a use-it-or-lose-it currency - should players leave Torghast, their phantasma will be lost.
The fourth floor has a bonus objective, started by an out-of-the-way friendly NPC. Opt to help the friendly NPC and they will join the party, helping in combat. Get to the end of the floor, where Arkoban taunts the player, summoning two hounds: Lor the Loyal and Ventun the Ravenous. Defeat them and the floor boss before turning in the quest, which awards another anima cell, themed to the questgiver.
- Warden Arkoban yells: Ah, the vermin have arrived. Know that none can escape these halls.
The fifth floor introduces locked chests. There are several varieties:
- Find three keys on the ground (they'll be marked on the minimap if they're close)
- Find the right pattern of up-or-down levers
The chest, once unlocked, awards an anima cache.
The sixth and final floor is the boss floor. Use up as much phantasma as possible, as it won't have any use after the upcoming fight. Step into the boss arena to find Warden Arkoban and Baine Bloodhoof! Arkoban has the following abilities:
- Hulking Charge 60 yd range — Charges forward, inflicting 200% weapon damage as Physical to enemies, stunning them for 2 sec. 2 sec cast (5 sec cooldown)
- Rats! 40 yd range — Calls forth a swarm of rats to bite enemies within 20 yards, inflicting X Physical damage every 3 sec and reducing movement speed by 50% for 9 sec. 1.5 sec cast. Interruptible (4 sec cooldown)
- Rat Traps — The caster hurls steel traps at nearby targets. When triggered, the traps root the target and inflict X Physical damage every 1 sec for 5 sec. 1 sec cast
- Warden Arkoban says: The invader finally steps foot into my stage. Let us begin!
- Baine Bloodhoof says: I was dreaming of home... only to awaken in this place of torment.
Interact with Baine to free him:
- Baine Bloodhoof says: Champion! I... I saw you escape before we were recaptured. Do you have the means to take us out of the Maw?
- Baine walks slowly to the end portal.
Follow Baine out of Arkoban back to the ground floor, then head west to the exit Torghast door:
- <The gateway thrums with familiar power. You sense it leads back into the Maw.>
Take advantage of this opportunity to talk to Ve'nari for . Hold off on returning to Torghast right now, what with Baine in tow and all, make for the waystone:
- Baine Bloodhoof says: The waystone! I hope your presence allows me to travel through it as well.
- Baine Bloodhoof says: I will stay close. May the Earthmother guide our path.
- Baine Bloodhoof says: The waystone worked! What a... remarkable place!
Return to the Enclave and turn in to Bolvar.
- Early description
Even with our bond, <name>, my vision in the tower is shadowy. Dim.
I cannot sense our allies.
However, we know where Baine might be. Find a way into Arkoban Hall.
- Later description
Even through our bond, <name>, my vision into the tower is shadowy. Dim.
I cannot sense the location of our allies.
However, there is an object of power nearby that beckons us. It may lead you further into the tower's halls.
It whispers a name... "Arkoban..."
This is no doubt a dangerous course, but it is our only clue as to where Baine might be.
Let us hope this obelisk shows you the way. Stay on your guard.
- Later description
I dare not step inside the the tower.
You however don't seem to be cursed like the rest of us to remain trapped here.
While I cannot tell you exactly where your comrades may be, I shall give you a gift.
Use it inside Torghast, it should take you somewhere near to your missing ally, Baine I believe was his name.
Either that or you'll end up trapped in Torghast's ever shifting halls for all time, but those are the risks one must take.
<Name>, what happened?
- Later completion
Baine is free!
- Later completion
You are my eyes, <name>. Press on. I will be watching.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.