The Second Riddle: Fellowship
Gong of Fellowship
|Start||The Monkey King|
|End||The Monkey King|
|Level||90 (Requires 90)|
|Reputation||+150 Operation: Shieldwall|
|Rewards||19 84 50|
Obtain Metal Brew.
- Ring the Bell of Fellowship
- Defeat the Challenger
You want to stop the bell? We need the mallet first.
You want the mallet? We need to be friends first.
You want to be friends? We need a Metal brew first.
You want a Metal brew? You need to go to the Shrine of Fellowship first.
Ring the gong and get the Monkey King some brew while there. Oh... you may have to fight for it.
You have the Metal Brew?
The Metal Brew is strong and lasting, a brew to be shared with friends after a battle.
Emperor Shaohao and his Monkey King had many a round in our day. Many battles, and many good friends.
- 236000 XP
- +150 reputation with Operation: Shieldwall
- I will try to lead the "King" back to Lion's Landing and see if I can't persuade him to volunteer the information we need. In the meantime, I would say try to solve his riddles and meet us there.
The Temple of the White Tiger, location of the third riddle, is closest, so head there first. Exit the Tomb of Conquerors and fly southeast to reach the tiger temple. Fly to the main building and stop at the entrance. Immediately inside, at is a ramp leading down to the right. Inside is... The Monkey King? Speak with him:
- Ha! Didn't expect to see me here did you? The Monkey King does not delegate duelery! Now, are you hero? Or are you wikket?
- I challenge you.
- The Monkey King says: Okee dokee! Let's see what you got.
The Monkey King here is a boss-level hozen with 787,882 health. Finish him off:
- The Monkey King says: Eek! Quick, strong, dangerous. You know how to stick it. I no longer afraid you just some filthy wikket.
- The Monkey King says: Solve the other riddles, I am demanding! And then meet me down south at Lion's Landing.
Jade Forest is next closest, so head east in that direction. The Shrine of Fellowship is in northwestern Jade Forest, between Honeydew Village, Grookin Hill, and the Tian Monastery. There at the shrine at is a huge bell and a small mallet resting on its northern support. Interact with it to ring the bell, summoning Sam the Wise:
- Sam the Wise says: Ah, so there is one who wishes to taste the might of the Metal Brew?
- Sam the Wise says: Be warned, this recipe has been handed down from generation to generation, tought[sic] to my family by the great Monkey King himself.
- Sam the Wise says: It's flavor is intended for friends to share after a battle. Come... friend... and battle me if you dare.
- Glory to the brave!
- Bah! Pain don't hurt!
- Here comes the THUNDER!
- What is this that stands before me?
Sam the Wise is a level 90 male pandaren with 787,882 health. Finish him off:
- Sam the Wise says: Well done, hero! I yield to your might.
- Sam the Wise says: Enjoy this well earned brew. The recipe has been in my family for over ten thousand years. Once enjoyed by the Monkey King himself, they say.
- Sam the Wise steps over to A Keg of Metal Brew and takes some to drink.
Interact with the Keg and collect some of . Finally, head southwest to Dread Wastes. It may be quicker to run by Lion's Landing, turn in, and then take the portal to the Skyfire to cut off some travel time. Just north of the main scorpid camp on the Chittering Coast just inside the wall at is a piece of . Interact with it to spawn an Untamed Ambertail, a level 90 scorpid with 787,882 health. Kill it and loot the Untamed Amber from it.
Head back to Lion's Landing once all three riddles are solved.
- Operation: Shieldwall dailies unlocked →
- Friendly 950/6,000:
- Friendly 4,900/6,000:
- Honored 2,850/12,000:
- Honored 6,800/12,000:
- Honored 10,750/12,000:
- Revered 2,700/21,000:
- Revered 6,650/21,000:
- Revered 8,900/21,000:
- Revered 14,500/21,000:
- Revered 18,500/21,000:
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Added.