The Secrets of Guo-Lai
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.4.0.
Zhao-Jin and the Jade Colossus
|Level||90 (Requires 90)|
|Category||Vale of Eternal Blossoms|
|Reputation||+250 Golden Lotus|
Item level 440 rings|
|Previous||, , (at friendly)|
- Catch up with He Softfoot /
- Uncover the mogu plan in the Hall of Statues /
I just received information from a guard stationed near the Ruins of Guo-Lai that the Shao-Tien leader entered the the halls, killing two of my men in the process. They're intent on something inside. We need to stop them.
He Softfoot has already followed them in. He should be waiting for you at the entrance to the western chambers.
Move quickly, <name>. I don't like the thought that the mogu may be a step ahead of us.
What are you waiting for? Find He. Stop the Shao-Tien!
The Shao-Tien were spotted marching out of the halls with a hundred jade statues. The mogu now have an immense jade army to turn against us, and we've yet to uncover their other goals in the Vale. We are all in danger.
I had thought you and He dead. It's good that I was mistaken on that last part at least. Rest. Recover. There will be much fighting ahead.
- 294000 XP
- +250 reputation with Golden Lotus
Head to the northwest corner of the valley to return to the Ruins of Guo-Lai and the entrance to the Guo-Lai Halls. Shao-Tien soul-callers and dominators are on patrol. The soul-callers have raised mogu statues to help defend.
Enter the halls and take the first left at the bottom of the ramp in the big room where Zhao-Jin the Bloodletter was earlier. At the far end of the hall, He Softfoot is standing, poised for action. Speak with him:
- <He looks down the hall intently.>
- Let's go.
- He points down the hall ahead.
He drops into stealth and starts moving down the Hall of Statues. The Jade Sentinels in the first room start slowly making an overhand strike with their hammers. If an unwary adventurer is in the area of effect when the strike lands, he or she will take 64,814 Physical damage from a Jade Smash:
- Jade Smash 25 yd range — A brutal overhead power attack that deals Physical damage and knocks back all enemies in front of the caster. 3 sec cast.
Get out of the area of effect and keep moving through the Hall of Statues to reach the Guo-Lai Vault. There, Zhao-Jin is standing before a large statue. Get close:
- Zhao-Jin the Bloodletter yells: And so the Golden Lotus arrive...
- Zhao-Jin the Bloodletter yells: You are far too late. The Jade Armies are mine.
- Zhao-Jin the Bloodletter yells: And with them, I will crush the Golden Lotus and retake the vale in the name of the Thunder King!
- Zhao-Jin the Bloodletter yells: Die weaklings!
After some time:
- Zhao-Jin the Bloodletter yells: Your rogue friend is not as nimble as he thinks he is.
- Zhao-Jin the Bloodletter yells: My statue will crush the life from him, leaving nothing but a shattered corpse.
- Zhao-Jin the Bloodletter yells: You leave your friend to die...
The Jade Colossus snags He Softfoot and starts strangling the life out of him. Zhao-Jin stops spawning Crumbling Jade Warriors, so finish the last of them off and turn to the Jade Colossus. It is too focused on He to fight back, so damage it until it releases He.
- Zhao-Jin the Bloodletter says: How noble, rescuing your friend from certain death...
- Zhao-Jin the Bloodletter yells: ...and all for nothing. Take them!
- The adventurer and He are both trapped in nets.
- Zhao-Jin the Bloodletter says: Your struggle is pointless.
- Zhao-Jin the Bloodletter says: You are ignorant to the powerful secrets contained within this vale. I will take them, and then I will destroy all of your kind.
- Zhao-Jin the Bloodletter says: Throw these prisoners in the cages. Let the men have their way with them.
- The screen fades to black. On the other side of the fade, the adventurer finds itself locked in a cage in the shadow of the Serpent's Spine back on the surface. Suddenly, the two Shao-Tien Antiquators fall over dead as He drops out of stealth.
- He tampers with the lock on your cage.
- He gestures towards the eastern vale, then disappears in the shadows.