- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Progress
- 5 Completion
- 6 Notes
- 6.1 Stage 1: In the Dead of Night
- 6.2 Stage 2: Down the Drain
- 6.3 Stage 3: The Stockades
- 6.4 Stage 4: Honor and Loyalty
- 6.5 Stage 5: The Primary Objective
- 6.6 Stage 6: The City Stirs
- 6.7 Stage 7: WAY Behind Enemy Lines
- 6.8 Stage 8: No Diplomatic Solutions
- 6.9 Stage 9: The Harbor Run
- 6.10 Final Stage: Fate's Cold Logic
- 6.11 Finale
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Progression
- 9 Patch changes
- 10 External links
Complete "The Stormwind Extraction" scenario.
- Take a potion
- Transport from the Ramparts taken
- "The Stormwind Extraction" scenario complete
My lady is shrewd indeed. If we are to infiltrate Stormwind City, we will need the very best the Horde has to offer, and yet a team so small as to be able to infiltrate the heart of Alliance territory unseen.
<Nathanos peers at the gathered group, stroking his chin.>
Yes, I see.
The path ahead is clear. Speak to me when you are ready to undertake the Warchief's mission, <name>.
You will receive:
- 58 20
- 24,700 XP
We must not fail the Warchief.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: I have a potion for each of you. Don't drink it just yet.
Alts can choose to speak with Nathanos again to skip the scenario, but for players who wish to continue...
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: My queen has seen to everything. Our transport awaits us on the ramparts.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Let's move out.
- Lasan Skyhorn says: These war eagles will carry us to our destination. Ready to go? Then climb aboard!
Hop on a war eagle to begin the scenario:
Stage 1: In the Dead of Night
- Description: Infiltrate Stormwind City.
- Infiltrate Stormwind City
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Listen closely. We will not be in contact once we've entered Stormwind.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: You, Thalyssra, and Rokhan will infiltrate the Stockades and extract the prisoners.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Our scouts have located a hidden entrance. The tauren and I will cover your escape.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: I have supplied each of you with an easy death. If you find yourself out of options, use it.
- The party flies past a Zandarli ship in the slip.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: There's our way out. Get to that ship once you have the prisoners.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: I'll find you. Good luck.
- Upon arriving at Lion's Rest, Nathanos breaks off and the team flies to the Sewer Access Gate.
Stage 2: Down the Drain
- Description: Open the sewer access gate.
- Enter the Stockades
- Open the Sewer Access Gate
If you move out of the area and attack guards, Thalyssra will teleport you to back to the sewer gate.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: Are you trying to draw attention to us?
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: Stay focused, <name>.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: Stay close, friend. We do not want to risk discovery.
Stage 3: The Stockades
- Description: Infiltrate the Stockades.
- Meet up with Rokhan
- Follow Thalyssra
- Rokhan says: Da 7th Legion be here. Whoever we breakin' out, da humans not be takin' chances.
- Rokhan says: I be goin' on ahead ta find da prisoners. Watch me back.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: We will draw their attention. Be careful.
- Rokhan sneaks away.
Looking at a locked Cell Door, Rokhan quickly delegates:
- Rokhan says: You bettah be taking dis.
Stage 4: Honor and Loyalty
- Description: Release High Overlord Saurfang.
- Open Saurfang's Cell Door
- Release Saurfang
Interact with the Cell Door to unlock it. Then speak with Saurfang:
- You think you are here to take me back to Orgrimmar. Back to the Warchief. You are mistaken.
- What do you mean?
- High Overlord Saurfang says: I have have lost track of the time I have sat in this cell. But it matters not in the end.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: After all she has done, I will never return to her Horde.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: Make sure you know the difference between loyalty and honor.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: And pray you never have to choose.
- Rokhan says: You not be comin' wit' us.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: We both know you are not here for me. Those you seek are down the hall.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: I see... If you are certain, High Overlord.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: I am. Lok'tar.
- Rokhan says: Come, <name>. Dis way.
- Saurfang remains in his cell, while Rokhan and Thalyssra return to the main hall.
Stage 5: The Primary Objective
- Description: Release the prisoners and escape the Stockades.
- Release the other prisoners
- Escape the Stockades
- Zul the Prophet says: Ah, our escort arrives. Just as I said, Princess.
Interact with the Cell Door to break the lock.
- Princess Talanji says: Hm... Thank you. My Prophet tells me you are allies.
- Rokhan says: Hahaha, naw naw naw, mon. I be knowin' you. You be dat snake dat--
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: We have come on behalf of the Horde. I am Thalyssra, and this is Rokhan.
- Zul the Prophet says: Greetings will have to wait.
- Mage-Commander Lyra says: Lock it down!
- 7th Legion Battlemages and Mage-Commander Lyra teleport in, stunning the group for a second and pacifying them. Additionally, they conjured magic barriers to prevent escape.
- Rokhan says: Dat be some nasty voodoo. Thalyssra?
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: It is a nullification field. I cannot cast!
- Rokhan says: Bah! Follow me, den!
- The group moves back to the dungeon's crossroad where they are cornered by barriers. Thalyssra looks to the north side, Rokhan to the west side, and Zul and Talanji to the eastern side.
Join them in the hall:
- First Arcanist Thalyssra yells: We need to move!
Follow them to the center of the hall:
- Princess Talanji says: How do we get out?
- Rokhan says: Dis way!
- Zul the Prophet says: Dat would be a mistake. It is de other way.
- The group starts facing the eastern side.
- Princess Talanji says: You best be right, Zul.
- Talanji blasts the barrier on the eastern side with a spell, breaking the pacification.
Start attacking the battlemages and other guards, clearing to the eastern end of the stockade. In the next intersection, Mage-Commander Lyra teleports in:
- Mage-Commander Lyra yells: You will go no further!
- Mage-Commander Lyra says: No one catches the 7th Legion unawares. Die, Horde filth!
On her death:
- Mage-Commander Lyra says: Someone... stop them...
Enter the last room, where a trapdoor provides Stormwind Sewer Access:
- Princess Talanji says: It smells... unpleasant.
- Rokhan yells: Where dis be leadin'?
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: Out, if the troll is to be believed.
- Zul the Prophet says: By all means, waste more time discussing it.
Interact with the Stormwind Sewer Access to continue.
Stage 6: The City Stirs
- Description: Escape Stormwind City undetected.
- Follow Rokhan
Rokhan used his power and called a Loa to stealth the group, much like a rogue's . Keep in the circle, close to him during the duration. Avoid Stormwind Guards, Stormwind Knights, D.R.O.N.E.s, Town Criers, and even King Anduin Wrynn himself!
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: The city is stirring. We cannot linger here for long.
- Rokhan says: I be keepin' us hidden, long as no one does anything stupid.
- Rokhan says: Just give da word, <name>.
If you leave, Rokhan will summon you.
- Rokhan says: What I say about doin' something stupid?
- Rokhan says: Get back here, mon!
- Rokhan says: Ya tryin' ta get us killed?
- Rokhan says: Don't be gettin' us caught, <name>.
- Rokhan says: Ya got a death wish, <name>?
- Rokhan says: Gah! Don't be runnin' off!
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: Stay focused, <name>.
Nearby Stormwind Citizens and a Stormwind Guard also have dialogues
- Stormwind Guard says: I cannot allow anyone to pass. King's orders.
- Stormwind Citizen says: Let me through at once! I demand to speak to your superior.
- Stormwind Citizen says: What's with all this racket? Do you know how late it is?
- Stormwind Guard says: No harm will come to you or your family. Return to your home immediately.
- Stormwind Citizen says: Please, my daughter lives in the Trade District. I need to go to her!
- Stormwind Guard says: I have already told you everything I know. Go back to your homes.
- Stormwind Citizen says: What is happening? Why is the gate closed?
Talk to Rokhan to begin moving:
- We gotta get out of here. I kin help us sneak past all dem guards.
- Let me know when you be ready to go.
- Let's go.
- Rokhan says: Alright. Stay close. We all friends now.
- Walking up a bit, a town crier appears, stopping the group.
- Crier Goodman says: Attention, citizens of Stormwind!
- Crier Goodman says: Horde infiltrators have breached the Stockades! Civilians are to remain in their homes until the threat has been subdued!
- Crier Goodman says: By order of the king!
- Once the crier finishes, he leaves and the group continues. They stop for a bit when more D.R.O.N.E.s pass by.
- Zul the Prophet says: Wait here.
- Zul the Prophet says: Continue.
- Another town crier, looking for intruders, appears, and the group moves to a building, then they continue. SI:7 Operatives are also present.
- Rokhan says: Move quick, off da path.
- Stormwind Guard says: How do you think they broke into the Stockades?
- Stormwind Guard says: Can't have been easy. Keep your eyes peeled.
- Stormwind Guard says: Is there anything that Windrunner cur would not try at this point?
- They move to a side when the robots appear.
- Rokhan says: Let's cross at da bridge. Unless ya prophet be havin' a problem wit' dat.
- Princess Talanji says: Do not worry, we will know if his life is in danger.
- The group moves to the bridge.
- Zul the Prophet says: Jump off de bridge. Now.
- Rokhan says: Eh?
- Zul the Prophet says: NOW.
- The group jumps into the water, avoiding Anduin Wrynn who is personally on duty to protect his people, flanked by his Stormwind Royal Guards and Stormwind Clerics. He stops on the bridge.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Remain alert. SI:7 has informed us that the enemy emerged near the Keep.
- Anduin Wrynn says: They cannot have gone far. Your vigilance safeguards us all.
- Anduin leaves, and the group moves.
- Rokhan says: A little more warnin' woulda been nice.
- Zul the Prophet says: Clearly you did not need it.
- The group emerges from water.
- Rokhan says: We not be stoppin' again 'till we get to da docks. Say when ya be ready, <name>.
Speak with Rokhan again:
- We not gonna last much longer at dis pace. We got tah run for deh docks.
- Say de word an' we go.
- I will be right behind you.
- Rokhan says: Let's go. Stay together.
- Stormwind Citizen says: I'm scared...
- The group continues through the bridge to Cathedral District.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: Wait... where are the guards?
- Princess Talanji says: Zul is not soiling himself. It may be nothing.
- Zul the Prophet says: Well, not nothing.
Stage 7: WAY Behind Enemy Lines
- Description: Escape Cathedral Square.
- Defeat the worgen ambush
- Escape Cathedral Square
Thalyssra conjured up a barrier that deflects the attacking Gilnean Maulers. Talanji and Rokhan also attack the worgen. If Talanji is killed, Rezan brings her back to life.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: There are too many... the barrier will not hold!
- Rokhan says: Kill dem before dey get through!
- Genn Greymane, who harbors a deeply seated hatred for the Horde, along with Gilnean Battlemages and Gilnean Shieldwalls appear. Nearing them will result in death.
- Genn Greymane yells: I have found them, my king! I will bring you their hides for a trophy!
- Rokhan says: Da old wolf got our scent. We got ta get outta here!
Defeat the Gilnean Maulers throwing themselves against Thalyrssra's shield. Once the maulers are defeated, the magic barrier is down and the group begins to run, no longer stealthed. Genn and his party will continuously walk toward the group. If he catches up, everyone will die.
- You are mine!
- Let this old wolf show you his teeth!
- Grown a spine, have you? Hah!
Keep killing interlopers.
- Princess Talanji says: Look out!
- Genn Greymane yells: Scurry, like the rats you are!
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: We need to find cover!
Onward, a town crier drops his torch and Zul picks it up:
- Zul the Prophet says: Well now, dis will be useful.
- Rokhan says: We gotta get back to da canals. Follow me!
- Zul the Prophet says: You will want to wait here.
- Princess Talanji says: What is it now?
- The path to Stormwind Harbor is blocked by Jaina Proudmoore who has not forgotten the crimes the Horde has committed against her and her people. She has a frozen aura around her and casts an ice wall to block the way into the harbor.
Approaching Jaina will also result in a quick death.
- Jaina Proudmoore says: I think not.
- Jaina Proudmoore says: Not today.
- Jaina Proudmoore says: Pathetic.
Continue with the group.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I have known the Horde to be cruel and heartless; ruthless in its pursuit of victory. But this...
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: This is folly. You will die here, and an unmarked grave will be all you have to show for it.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: We cannot fight her. Run!
- The group begins to move to the cemetery, with Genn and his group still behind them.
- Genn Greymane yells: Look at them flee, tails between their legs!
- Stormwind Battlemages teleport to the entrance of the cemetery and attack the group:
- Rokhan says: Dey be tryin' ta box us in. Don't let dem corner us!
- Zul the Prophet says: One would think dat a city of stone would be less... flammable.
- Princess Talanji says: You are a cruel enemy, Zul.
- Zul drops the torch and sets a building ablaze. Soon it spreads, blocking the path. The group keeps running.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: The harbor! We must press forward!
- Nathanos Blightcaller and his two Deathguards appear on the platform leading down to the harbor. Nathanos fires arrows at guards and knights charging at the group. Jaina stands on the opposite side of the platform, shooting numerous frostbolts on the ground.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Well this is a fine mess we're in.
- Rokhan says: Don't be actin' like you not happy to see us.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Delighted. Truly. Now, let's move. On your mark.
Speak with Nathanos to continue:
- Good. You have managed to make a sleeping city very, very angry.
- Let's not waste time pointing fingers, shall we?
- I'm ready.
Stage 8: No Diplomatic Solutions
- Description: Evade the wrath of Lady Jaina Proudmoore
- Escape Jaina's wrath
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Watch your step. It seems the Alliance's consummate diplomat will not be taking prisoners this time.
The group heads down to the harbor. Zul burns a banner. They stop by the lion statue as the path is blocked by Jaina's ice walls.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: That is far enough!
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: She has cut off our escape!
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Stop gawking and break through that ice!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: You will not harm another soul in this city!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Die, Horde scum!
The Icy Barrier is attackable, so start breaking it.
- Princess Talanji says: My loa hears us. Mighty Rezan, lend me your strength!
- Talanji casts a spell to shield the group from Jaina's frostbolts. An image of Rezan appears to break the ice.
Stage 9: The Harbor Run
- Description: Get to Talanji's ship in Stormwind Harbor.
- Reach Talanji's ship
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Let's move!
- Rokhan says: I don't be knowin' a Rezan, but I be owin' him my thanks.
Once the wall is destroyed, continue with the group to the main section of the Harbor filled with Dwarven Riflemen, Gnomish Gyro-Engineers, Teldrassil Sentinels, Exodar Peacekeepers, Gilnean Maulers, Stormwind Knights, and Stormwind Battlemages.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: Their forces must have returned from Lordaeron. How will we get through?
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Already taken care of. Observe.
- Nathanos sets off a bomb, destroying the siege engines in the area. Most of the gathered forces move to fight the fire.
Continue following the group, clearing a path to the docks. As the party approaches the pier, Zul holds short:
- Zul the Prophet says: Wait here.
- Lasan and the eagles fly above, taking most of the defenders on the pier.
- Lasan Skyhorn says: Hahahaha!
- Rokhan says: Aha! Lasan ya clever moose-mon!
- Princess Talanji says: I need twenty of those birds.
Continue to the end of the pier. Jaina and her Mageguard Elites are there.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: Are they not pursuing us?
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: No... but I think I know why. Look.
Final Stage: Fate's Cold Logic
- Description: Escape Stormwind Harbor on Talanji's Ship.
- Escape Stormwind Harbor
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: You have slain many innocents to get this far. But your little jailbreak is over.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Surrender, and I will return you to the Stockades where you belong. There, you will await the king's justice.
Jaina roots the group with a Frost Nova and starts walking towards it.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Respectfully, we have a boat to catch.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Then perish.
- Zul the Prophet says: Do not be so hasty, now.
- Zul the Prophet says: You can try to subdue us, and likely succeed.
- Zul the Prophet says: But do you have time to waste?
- The camera pans around, revealing most of Stormwind Harbor is aflame!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: No... it can't be.
- Zul the Prophet says: Seems a mage of your... skill... could be very useful right now, hm?
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: This isn't over!
- Jaina, vexed, teleports away with her mageguards. The group starts boarding the ship. Lasan and his eagles also arrive.
- Rokahn says: Loa help dem dat cross ya, Zul.
- Zul the Prophet says: I believe de phrase you be looking for is "thank you."
- Princess Talanji says: Come. We set sail for Zuldazar.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: I think not. I have orders to return you to the warchief directly.
- Princess Talanji says: Seeing as how this is my ship, I think you will need to adjust your plans.
- Zul the Prophet says: We can discuss it on de way, your highness.
- Thalyssra casts a spell to block cannon fire. Alliance soldiers come to the pier, attacking the ship while Rokhan and the two Deathguards defend it.
Speak with Talanji to continue:
- Regardless of what your warchief wants, I must return to my people. We are going to Zuldazar, as dis is my ship and dis is your only way out of Stormwind.
- Do you have a problem with dat?
- Not at all.
An ending cinematic plays:
- The Horde extraction team sails on Talanji's ship to Zandalar.
- Nathanos Blightcaller: It appears the Alliance dogs have lost our scent.
- Zul the Prophet: Good, good. Our journey is almost over.
- Nathanos Blightcaller: I hope the Warchief's faith is well-placed.
- Zul the Prophet: She seems very powerful. Certain. In control.
- Nathanos Blightcaller: It is an honor to serve my queen.
- Zul the Prophet: My princess is also strong willed and sure of herself. Our king has always found her to be... challenging.
- Princess Talanji: Oh mighty Rezan...as always, you come when I ask your aid.
- Rezan: Speak and I will listen.
- Talanji: I have sought the aid of the Horde, but my father may not agree with my actions. Advise! You are the loa of kings.
- Rezan: My eyes see much... They see your boldness, your power, and enemies who fear both. And those who seek your demise are here!
- The Alliance fleet is closing in on the Horde ship. Talanji walks out onto the top of the deck and casts a mighty spell, summoning Rezan! The dinosaur then charges towards the Alliance fleet, mowing them down. As the ship moves closer towards the shores of Zandalar, the Zandalari fleet can be sighted in the distance and Talanji gives the signal for the fleet to open fire on the Alliance.
- Princess Talanji: We are home.
- Princess Talanji says: Tze'na! Hello, little girl. Did you miss me?
- Princess Talanji says: Come, champion of de Horde. Let us pay my father a visit. Zul... we will speak later.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.