- For the Dalaran shop, see Threads of Fate.
|Next||(replay) or (threads of fate)|
The Threads of Fate unlocks an alternate leveling mode in Shadowlands, akin to Adventure Mode in Diablo III. The quest is offered to alts of World of Warcraft: Shadowlands players who have completed all of the following:
- Reached max level and completed the level-up campaign ()
- Chosen a covenant ()
- Finished the first chapter of their covenant campaign
- Escaped from the Maw on the alt
Speak with Fatescribe Roh-Tahl and decide how you want to experience Shadowlands.
- Shadowlands experience chosen
It is my duty to observe the strands of fate. The wondrous possibilities that the Purpose lays before us.
Fate flows around you, mortal. It shifts. It changes. But I have stilled its movements to offer you... a choice.
You may journey through the Shadowlands in the same manner as those who came before you have done.
Or you may choose a different path. One that lets you forge a bond with a covenant now, and move freely through the realms of Death to forge your own destiny.
What say you, mortal?
You will receive:
- 2 34
- 850 XP
Fate is not fickle. Should you accept its offer, there will be no turning back.
Your choice is made. The Purpose will guide you forward.
Speak with Roh-Tahl again:
- There are two paths at hand, <name>.
- Begin your journey as other mortals have before you. No one will know your fate, your role in the Purpose.
- Or let the threads of time and destiny pull you forward. You will be known by the covenants and may choose your allegiance.
- The realms of Death will be opened before you, and your fate will be your own.
- Make your decision.
I am ready to choose my fate in the Shadowlands.
The Threads of Fate interface appears:
- The Threads of Fate
- Level up by doing world quests, side quests, bonus objectives, and dungeons.
- Main storyline quests will be skipped and you will choose your covenant immediately.
- You will have access to all Shadowlands zones except the Maw.
- This choice is final and cannot be undone.
- Replay Storyline
- Level up by playing through the main Shadowlands storyline, just as you did on your first character.
- You will move zone by zone through the narrative arc before reaching level 60 and choosing a covenant.
- If you change your mind, you can return to the Fatescribe at any time and choose to follow the Threads of Fate.
Should players choose The Threads of Fate, a final confirmation prompt appears:
- By choosing the Threads of Fate, you won't be able to play through the normal Shadowlands storyline.
- This can't be undone.
- Are you sure you want to choose the Threads of Fate?
- Type "FATE" into the field to confirm.
- Fatescribe Roh-Tahl says: May the Purpose guide you.
If you change your mind after choosing to replay the storyline, you can speak to Fatescribe Roh-Tahl at the eastern edge of the city to choose again.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.