The Vanishing Lord
Guardsman Bray / Guardsman Kitcher
|Level||110 - 120 (Requires 110)|
- Take the ferry to Drustvar (Optional)
- Meet with Cyril White
- Destroy the effigy
Unfortunately, we don't have any contacts within House Waycrest, so our efforts in Drustvar will have to start from the ground up.
We have arranged for a ferry to take you to Fallhaven - a farming village in eastern Drustvar. The mayor there, Cyril White, is a longtime friend of the Proudmoores, and I think he can help us get in touch with someone from the house.
I hope you can get to the bottom of their absence, <name>. Their martial might is invaluable to the Kul Tiran fleet.
Whoa there! What business do you have in Drustvar?
Lookin' for someone from House Waycrest? Best of luck to ye. Even us in their guard haven't heard a word from them of late. Why, if it weren't for Marshal Reade takin' command, I doubt there'd even be a Waycrest Guard anymore.
I think ye'd be better off on yer way, but if yer bent on stayin' I'd head over to Fallhaven. The mayor there is probably the only welcomin' soul left around here.
Watch yer back, mainlander. There's dark workings about.
You will receive:
- 2 34
- 1,650 XP
<The effigy is protected by powerful magic.
It seems it will take more than brute force to break this curse.>
Speak with Will Melborne in the harbor:
- Looking for a ferry?
I need a ferry to Drustvar.
- Finlay Costen and Oarsman Wellard row a Boat.
- Finlay Costen says: Headin' to Drustvar, eh? Yer lucky ye got me skipperin' this boat.
- Finlay Costen says: Most of they ferrymen won't dock there anymore, what with all the dark rumors about.
- Finlay Costen says: Wasn't long ago that traders would frequent this ferry, looking to secure goods from the farmers and miners there.
- Finlay Costen says: Lately though, these mines seem to have dried up, and the butchers are nowhere to be found.
- Finlay Costen says: I'm not superstitious like most Kul Tirans, but even I have to admit, there's something about Drustvar lately that gives me the willies.
- Finlay Costen says: Whatever your business there, I'd recommend ye get it done quick.
- Finlay Costen says: We'll be puttin' down a little further. Carver's Harbor isn't a friendly port these days.
- Finlay Costen says: Last time I tried to drop anchor there, a wolf nearly took my leg...
- Finlay Costen says: Here we go. This is the farthest I'll take ye.
- Finlay Costen says: Best of luck, mainlander. If ye have gods, ye better hope they're with ye here.
Head west to enter Fallhaven. Everyone in town is frozen.
Interact with Cyril White:
- <This man matches the description of Cyril White, the mayor of Fallhaven. Unfortunately, he is in no state to help you right now.
- The mayor, along with the rest of the residents of Fallhaven, appears to be under the effects of some unfamiliar magic. While still breathing, he is unable to move or respond.
- You'll need to fin a way to break this curse if you want his help in contacting House Waycrest.>
<Look for the source of the spell.>
- <The effigy looming in the town's center pulses with dark energy similar to that which has entrapped the villagers. It may be acting as a focus to hold the spell in place.
- If it could be destroyed, the spell might be broken.>
Interact with the Cursed Effigy in the center of town to attempt to destroy it.
Cyril White was posting a bulletin when the curse struck - interact with it to continue.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.