|Title||<The Mad Duke>|
Theotar, also known as the Mad Duke, is a venthyr and part of the Soulbinding process for those who chose the Venthyr Covenant. He is located in Sinfall in Revendreth. Duke Theotar is a staunch ally of Prince Renathal and an avid fan of tea parties and noble gatherings. While thoroughly maddened by his experiences in the Ember Ward, Theotar continues to serve his prince with loyal tenacity, in his own (slightly insane) way.
When Prince Renathal began his rebellion, Theotar supported him. While Renathal and a few of his allies, including The Curator, were cast into the Maw, Theotar was instead banished to the Ember Ward. Despite losing much of his sanity to the Light, Theotar and his two dredger servants, Gubbins and Tubbins, adapted surprisingly well to the tortures of the Ember Ward. They used a special type of tea created with local ingredients and shadows to keep their minds and bodies from withering into ash ghouls. They also received help from Lost Sybille, though it is unclear whether she was also part of Renathal's rebellion or if she had already been in the Ember Ward when Theotar arrived.
When the Maw Walker arrived in the Ember Ward, Sybille led them to Theotar, who had recently been mugged by "Marquis Pummeler." After helping him, Theotar is pained by exposure to the burning Light and Sybille once again takes the lead, guiding them to Tubbins and Gubbins. After a relaxing tea party, Theotar is able to compose himself. With his parasol and assistants in-tow, he is able to show the adventurers to Sinfall, where he last saw Prince Renathal. Once the adventurer got rid of the massive mirrors reflecting the light towards Sinfall, he met with the Accuser and the rest of the rebellion forces there.
Once the prince returned from the Maw, Theotar and Renathal were overjoyed to see each other again, each noting that the other looked good without a shirt on, as he gladly rejoined the rebellion.
Venthyr Covenant storyline
Theotar decides to reclaim his old estate: Thornhill Manor. With the help of his old butler, Bogdan, and his staff of Dumitra, Elena, and Florin, and murdering Viscount Nicolae, the current paramour of The Countess, Thornhill Manor is retaken.
However his plan to sneak into the Countess's bedroom and steal the Medallion of Desire failed, and the Maw Walker was caught by the Countess. Luckily, she recognized mutual interest between her and Prince Renathal after demonstrating for us her power lies beyond the Medallion of Desire, and willingly chose to give us her Medallion.
Afterwards, Theotar and General Draven are tasked by the Prince to commission an object that could channel all seven of the Medallions of the Court of Harvesters by Mikanikos in Bastion. After atoning for past sins that both were party to under orders of Denathrius, that led to the Forsworn being able to easily seize the Eternal Forge, Mikanikos was eager to help. The Crown of the Harvesters was created.
However, because the Medallions contain the essence of Denathrius, his influence threatens to overcome any who wield it. They traveled to the Citadel of Loyalty to purge the Crown of the Echo of Denathrius using the power of the Temple of Loyalty that is capable of cleansing of any disloyalty to the Shadowlands. With that, the Crown of the Harvesters was perfected and given to Prince Renathal.
- Dark Bolt — Blasts the enemy with Shadow energy, inflicting Shadow damage.
- Sorrowful Burden — Burdens the target's soul, inflicting Shadow every 1 sec for 5 sec.
- Main article: Tea Tales: Theotar#Notes
|Endurance Conduit||Finesse Conduit|
|Potency Conduit||Endurance Conduit||Finesse Conduit|
|It's Always Tea Time||Life is but an Appetizer|
|Finesse Conduit||Endurance Conduit|
I am most pleased to see you again, dear <Name>. We simply must have tea together again soon.
Lady Sybille has been asking after your health.
- Sanctuary of the Mad
What Vulca lacks in manners--and it is a great lacking--she makes up for in skill and trustworthiness.
I'd trust her with my tea.
- The Tremaculum (Venthyr Assault)
Ah, welcome to the Maw, <name>!
I am so pleased you could join us.
Although, I suppose our greetings should be reversed.
I am but a humble guest in your domain of expertise.
<Theotar bows his head to you and asks quietly.>
Has it always been so... rustic here? I have not yet found a single chair in this entire domain.
- The Ember Court
There are very few activities more alluring than sipping fine tea at court with friends.
If you are ever unsure what to do, just pour more tea. It solves every problem!
- The Ember Court
Choose what you cling to carefully, but then cling to it with everything you have and never let go. No matter the odds.
- Main article: Refuge of Revendreth#Notes
- gasps Would you care for a spot of tea?!
- It is a pleasure, Maw Walker.
- Forgive my appearance, my hair is quite unruly today.
- sniffs the air Mmm, what a spicy aroma... You would make a great tea!
- Insanity is no excuse for bad manners.
- I warn you, I tolerate no bamboozlement... that I cannot partake in!
- Care for a quick stroll?
- If you discover yourself, congratulations! That's not easy to do!
- Do you have any advice? I have been trying to find myself for a while now.
- It seems that I am quite, err, umm... elusive lately! I don't know how the lords and ladies ever put up with me!
- They must ALL be crazy! Poor dears...
- If you discover my shirt, bury it!
- If you discover my parasol, protect it!
- If you discover my teapot, drink it!
- A life-changing conversation, I shall remember it always!
- Oh, you are walking away... yes! I, too, am content to end this conversation as well, of course...
- A most gracious farewell to you, as well.
- He sends a message after completing .
- His generic name during is Outcast Venthyr. During , it's Noble Magi.
- He is voiced by Keith Silverstein.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.
- Theotar's Diary
- Theotar's Private Diary