The throne room of Stormwind City is located deep within Stormwind Keep. This dome-shaped hall contains a large throne that is flanked by golden lions. The throne is known as the Lion Seat and it is found in the center of the room, surrounded by the Royal Guard. The recently returned King Varian Wrynn resided here until his death, after which his son Anduin Wrynn took his place on the throne. The throne room also grants access to the map room behind it, containing the battlemasters and Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth.
It is here that Stormwind kings are crowned.
World of Warcraft
During the absence of his father, Anduin Wrynn watched over the city in his father's stead. Lady Katrana Prestor and Highlord Bolvar Fordragon aided the ten-year-old king in his rule, though many remain critical of Stormwind's interim government. Accusations of corruption within the House of Nobles ultimately led to the source of this discord, yet order and integrity was restored to the Stormwind government with King Varian Wrynn's return and the dispatching of the shadowy Lady Prestor by brave heroes, revealing her true identity as the black dragon Onyxia, but not before she kidnapped Anduin and killed Reginald Windsor, who gave his life to protect the young Prince.
During The Great Masquerade.
- Main article: Elemental Unrest meetings
During the Elemental Unrest, a meeting of the Alliance leaders gathers in the throne room (for the Horde version, see Grommash Hold). On the first step of the dais stands a semi-circle facing Varian Wrynn, starting from the left: High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind, High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque, King Magni Bronzebeard, a curiously empty space where another person could stand, then Lady Jaina Proudmoore and Prophet Velen.
During the Remembrance Day, the Honor Delegation was present in the throne room. They met with each other, and then with King Varian. Among them were several nobles who complained about costs of the Alliance wars.
The throne room was infiltrated by the Veiled Hand. The majority of its guards were knocked unconscious, fel fire caught several spots, and a giant rune was put on the floor. The entrance to the garden was magically blocked by a ritualist who summoned a current of wind into the room.
A ceremony for the Alliance hero with the Alliance leaders was later held here.
Battle for Azeroth
King Anduin Wrynn, Genn Greymane, Jaina Proudmoore, and Mathias Shaw held a war council here following the Battle for Lordaeron. With their Zandalari prisoners gone and aided by the Horde, Jaina decided to return to Kul Tiras and bring the kingdom back to the Alliance.
Following the defeat of Azshara, and the liberation of N'Zoth in the process, an audience was held in the throne room where King Anduin, Mathias Shaw, Valeera Sanguinar, as well as the Horde ambassadors Baine Bloodhoof and Mayla Highmountain were present. The Spymaster reported that the searches of his SI:7 agents to locate N'Zoth led nowhere, before announcing the arrival of Magni Bronzebeard and another advisor, Wrathion, here to help in defeating the Old God.
Following King Anduin's abduction by the Mawsworn, Turalyon was appointed as regent and protector of the realm with the support of the House of Nobles, and is now present in the throne room alongside Alleria Windrunner.
Notes and trivia
- The golden throne is adorned with stained glass in which the Wrynn line intimidates as much as it inspires. Mathias Shaw thinks that's the point of it.
- In the Visions of N'Zoth cinematic, the entrance to the throne room is depicted differently compared with the in-game's. In the game, a straight hallway from the entrance of the Stormwind Keep leads directly to the throne room. In the cinematic, there is a wall at the entrance, meaning that the throne room is entered from sideways.
Background of Lady Prestor card art in Hearthstone.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Redesigned.
- ^ a b Blood of Our Fathers
- ^ a b c d World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms, pg. 12
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB7DKeye3pE - Visions of N'Zoth - Intro Cinematic
- ^ Death Rising - Mathias and Genn On Turalyon Ruling Stormwind: Genn Greymane says: Anduin entrusted Turalyon with command of our military forces. The Stormwind nobles support him serving as regent and protector of the realm.