Tier 5 is a type of item set. Each set consist of 5 pieces.
Each piece is purchased by acquiring an armor token from defeating a Burning Crusade raid boss. Each token is good for one piece of armor (chest, head, etc.), and is valid for any of several particular classes. Note that as this was created before death knights, monks, and demon hunters were available, there are no tier 5 sets for these classes.
Some classes have several sets, each designed for a different talent tree.
|Druid||Nordrassil Regalia (Balance) |
Nordrassil Harness (Feral Combat)
Nordrassil Raiment (Restoration)
|Hunter||Rift Stalker Armor|
|Paladin||Crystalforge Raiment (Holy)|
Crystalforge Armor (Protection)
Crystalforge Battlegear (Retribution)
|Priest||Avatar Raiment (healing)|
Avatar Regalia (damage)
|Shaman||Cataclysm Regalia (Elemental)|
Cataclysm Harness (Enhancement)
Cataclysm Raiment (Restoration)
|Warrior||Destroyer Battlegear (damage)|
Destroyer Armor (tank)
Three out of five tokens drop from bosses in Serpentshrine Cavern:
- The token for the headpiece of each set drops from Lady Vashj,
- the token for the gloves of each set drops from Leotheras the Blind and
- the token for the pants of each set drops from Fathom-Lord Karathress.
Two out of five tokens drop from bosses in The Eye:
- The token for the chest piece of each set drops from Kael'thas Sunstrider and
- the token for the shoulders of each set drops from Void Reaver.