When the gnomes lost Gnomeregan to the troggs, the dwarves of Ironforge took in the refugees. The gnomes constructed Tinker Town in the district where the Ironforge Deeprun Tram station had been built. Some dwarves like Skuerto were booted out of the city to make way for them, implying dwarves originally lived in this ward. Prior to the partial retake of Gnomeregan, Tinker Town was the center of the gnomish court in exile and High Tinker Mekkatorque could be found here, along with his closest advisers.
- Tinkmaster Overspark <Gnomish Engineering Trainer>
- Master Mechanic Castpipe
- Klockmort Spannerspan
- Lomac Gearstrip
- Bubulo Acerbus <Alliance Cloth Quartermaster>
In the RPG
- Mathias Shaw likes to recruit new SI:7 operatives here, considering that the intelligence, natural curiosity, nimble fingers and reduced stature of gnomes make them perfect spies. He thinks there are real advantages to appearing cute and helpless.
- The equipment of Electrocutioner 6000, Viscous Fallout, and Mekgineer Thermaplugg have been recovered. , , and are now secured in a safe place of Tinker Town.
- The gnomish town of New Tinkertown in Chill Breeze Valley was probably named after this district.
- The district is built around a large spherical machine with a small throne attached to it. Mekkatorque has never been seen using this chair, just standing in front of it on a large ramp.
- ^ a b World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms, pg. 62
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 3, pg. 114
- ^ Lands of Mystery, pg. 76
- ^ World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms, pg. 64