To the Skies! (Alliance)
Thunderwing at the ready
|Start||Lady Jaina Proudmoore|
|End||Lady Jaina Proudmoore|
|Level||90 (Requires 90)|
|Category||Isle of Thunder|
|Reputation||+300 Kirin Tor Offensive|
|Rewards||19 84 50|
|Previous||Starting stage 3 (with )|
|Next||Finishing stage 4 (with )|
To the Skies! begins the fourth stage of the Isle of Thunder storyline, gaining access to the Lightning Vein Mine and the Thunder Forges. Jaina will only offer this quest from her position on the Violet Rise once enough realm-wide progress has been made, irrespective of the individual player's standing with the Kirin Tor Offensive.
Much like with the previous progression quest, , this quest mostly takes place in a single-player scenario, also called "To the Skies!". As the scenario can only be completed once, it is documented here and not in a separate article.
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Progress
- 5 Completion
- 6 Gains
- 7 Notes
- 8 Notes
- 9 Progression
- 10 Patches and hotfixes
- 11 External links
Gain access to the Lightning Vein Mine.
We have a plan to halt the Mogu's weaponmaking capabilities, and it involves the creature you recovered from the Zandalari.
Speak to me when you're ready to learn more.
It's time to begin your mission!
Incredible work. This presents us with a monumental opportunity.
- 236000 XP
- +300 reputation with Kirin Tor Offensive
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Hail, friend!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I think I have a plan to infiltrate the Thunder King's armory. We'll use that creature you recovered, with a little help from the Shado-Pan.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Speak to me when you are ready to begin.
Speak with her again:
- I am ready! [Queue for solo instance.]
This will queue the adventurer for the "To the Skies!" single-player scenario.
Stage 1 - Taking Off
- Mount your Thunderwing!
- Mount Thunderwing
- Approach the Mine Entrance
Head south a few yards to approach the Thunderwing, Jaina and Vereesa, and the rest of the NPCs at the Violet Rise.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Vereesa is waiting for you, champion.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: This beautiful creature you rescued is immune to the lightning strikes that protect the island.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Do you think you can ride it?
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Wonderful! Once you take to the skies, the Zandalari may come after you.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Be ready to dogfight in the air. Jump from mount to mount if you have to!
- The thunderwing takes off.
- Vereesa Windrunner yells: A Shado-Pan agent will meet you behind the mines. Good luck!
Stage 2 - Intercepted
- The Zandalari have spotted you! Defeat your attackers!
- Defeat your Attackers!
Zandalari Beastcallers fly up behind the adventurer and will start attacking it with throwing axes. Classes with ranged abilities may stay on their own mount, but the skyscreamers will occasionally get out of range of each other. It will thus likely be easier to Jump! with the bonus action button to the mount of the targeted beastcaller. While circling the mine, the champion is buffed with Thunderous Innervation: "Killing enemies heals you for 30,000 every 1 sec for 5 sec."
One beastcaller will spawn, then two, then finally three. Take them all out. The skyscreamer will circle around before reaching the northwestern mine entrance, where Beastmaster Horaki will shoot the player off its mount!
- Beastmaster Horaki yells: FOOLS! I will show you how it is done!
Stage 3 - Master the Beastmaster
- Horaki has knocked you from your mount! Defeat him!
- Horaki defeated
- Beastmaster Horaki yells: Did ya think ya could just fly ova' hea' unnoticed?!
- Beastmaster Horaki yells: Well, ya got where you were goni'. Too bad you're not gonna live long enough to see it!
- Beastmaster Horaki yells: Prepare to die, intrudah!
Beastmaster Horaki is a level-90 elite Zandalar troll with nearly three million health. See his article for a full strategy, but get out of the Frost Shot area of effect before he launches the Hail of Arrows. The hails will last for the rest of the encounter, so get just outside of the arrows' area of effect (marked by a red circle) to not waste space.
Finish him off to start the next stage.
Stage 4 - Into the Mines
- Meet up with Taoshi, your Shado-Pan Contact.
- Joined with Taoshi
- Taoshi says: Well now. You sure know how to arrive in style.
Taoshi is standing by the cave-in. Speak with her:
- I will destroy this cave in, and then we can sneak in from behind. Let me know when you are ready.
- Alright. Let's go.
Stage 5 - What's Yours is Mine
- Make your way to the mine's main door.
- Cave-in cleared
- Make Your Way to the Mine Entrance /
- Taoshi says: Let's get down to business.
- Taoshi runs up to the cave-in, drops a bomb, and then takes cover behind the adventurer.
Head into the freshly-opened mine and start killing a path to the southwest through Shan'ze Electrocutioners, Shan'ze Slavers, and Saurok Slaves to reach the southern entrance. During this time, Taoshi will chime in randomly:
- Taoshi says: I have seen many things. But the cruelty of the mogu still curdles my blood.
- Taoshi says: Slaves - everywhere slaves. You can see what we fight against.
- Taoshi says: We are in the heart of the mogu war machine.
- Taoshi says: The Shado-Pan strike from the shadows, so that our enemies fear the dark.
Final Stage - Cover Me
- Cover Taoshi while she deactivates the lock on the mine door, and defeat Slavedriver Shiaxu.
- Shiaxu Defeated /
- Mine door unlocked
- Taoshi says: Step lightly! We are almost to the gate.
- Taoshi says: There - the slave master! Hold his attention while I undo the lock.
- Slavemaster Shiaxu yells: What is this? Another uprising?
- Taoshi drops what she's doing and runs to the southern door.
Slavemaster Shiaxu is a level-90-elite mogu with 2 million health. See his article for abilities and full tactics. In short, get out of the Capture area of effect, as he will Deadly Kick the same area on his next attack, and get at least 40 yards away from the shackles to break the Chains.
Finish him off:
- Slavemaster Shiaxu yells: You will be... punished...
- Taoshi yells: I have it! The gates are undone!
- Vereesa Windrunner yells: Rangers! Secure the forge. Smash the gate, so it cannot be closed!
- Silver Covenant Rangers charge in and clear the mine of mogu.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Lady Proudmoore, it is safe for you to enter.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: You two did it! I knew the Shado-Pan would make excellent allies.
- Taoshi says: We share a common enemy, Lady Proudmoore. Nothing more.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: But together we have delivered a terrible blow to the Thunder King!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Vereesa, gather up everything we can find before the mogu return. Leave nothing for the Horde to claim.
- Taoshi says: My lady. Weapons of the Thunder King are an abomination. They should be destroyed.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Oh, they will be. But knowledge is power, and I will never turn down an opportunity to study something new. Thank you, Taoshi.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: And thank YOU, hero. It will be difficult to hold the forge, but think of what we can learn here!
Use the portal behind Jaina to return to Violet Rise.
If you are doing this as a hunter, you may find the Intercepted! part very hard, heaving good endzone gear will be a boon. Keep in mind that is useless without your pet. Should you want to keep the ability, buy two and exchage your ability with . Also, try to stun them with and use a to heal.
- Stage 0:
- Stage 1:
- Stage 2:
- Stage 3:
- Stage 4:
- Stage 5:
- At exalted:
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-10-16): Taoshi should no longer despawn as soon as she arrives during Stage 4 of the scenario.
- Hotfix (2013-04-02): To the Skies!: Fixed an issue where players would remain on Thunderwing and be unable to progress to Stage 3.
- Hotfix (2013-03-29): To the Skies!: Fixed an issue where the Hail of Arrows debuff not being removed after defeating Beastmaster Horaki.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.