|Level||35 (Requires 35)|
|Category||Isle of Thunder|
|Rewards||19 84 50|
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Progress
- 5 Completion
- 6 Notes
- 7 Progression
- 8 Patches and hotfixes
- 9 External links
Gain access to the Lightning Vein Mine.
- Speak to Lor'themar Theron to begin your mission
- Assault the Lightning Vein Mines
We can use the pterrorwing that you found to strike a decisive blow against the mogu. Their mining operation is vulnerable to attack from the air, and your pterrorwing is the only beast we have capable of flying out there. Let me know when you are ready!
It's time to begin your mission!
Incredible work. This presents us with a monumental opportunity.
- Lor'themar Theron says: With the help of the Shado-Pan and this beast you recovered, I believe we can infiltrate and disable the Thunder King's armory.
Speak with him again:
- I am ready! [Queue for solo instance.]
This will queue the adventurer for the "To the Skies!" single-player scenario.
Stage 1 - Taking Off
- Mount your Thunderwing!
- Mount Thunderwing
- Approach the Mine Entrance
Head south a few yards to approach the Thunderwing, and Elsia.
- Lor'themar Theron says: Elsia is waiting for you, champion.
- Scout Captain Elsia says: This creature you've recovered is immune to the lightning strikes that protect the island.
- Scout Captain Elsia says: Do you think you can ride it?
- Scout Captain Elsia says: Very good! Once you take to the skies, the Zandalari will try to stop you.
- Scout Captain Elsia says: Be ready to dogfight in the air. Jump from mount to mount if you have to!
- The thunderwing takes off.
- Scout Captain Elsia yells: A Shado-Pan contact will be waiting to meet you behind the mines. Good luck!!
Stage 2 - Intercepted
- The Zandalari have spotted you! Defeat your attackers!
- Defeat your Attackers!
Zandalari Beastcallers fly up behind the adventurer and will start attacking it with throwing axes. Classes with ranged abilities may stay on their own mount, but the skyscreamers will occasionally get out of range of each other. It will thus likely be easier to Jump! with the bonus action button to the mount of the targeted beastcaller. While circling the mine, the champion is buffed with Thunderous Innervation: "Killing enemies heals you for 30,000 every 1 sec for 5 sec."
One beastcaller will spawn, then two, then finally three. Take them all out. The skyscreamer will circle around before reaching the northwestern mine entrance, where Beastmaster Horaki will shoot the player off its mount!
- Beastmaster Horaki yells: FOOLS! I will show you how it is done!
Stage 3 - Master the Beastmaster
- Horaki has knocked you from your mount! Defeat him!
- Horaki defeated
- Beastmaster Horaki yells: Did ya think ya could just fly ova' hea' unnoticed?!
- Beastmaster Horaki yells: Well, ya got where you were goin'. Too bad you're not gonna live long enough to see it!
- Beastmaster Horaki yells: Prepare to die, intrudah!
Beastmaster Horaki is a level-90 elite Zandalar troll with nearly three million health. See his article for a full strategy, but get out of the Frost Shot area of effect before he launches the Hail of Arrows. The hails will last for the rest of the encounter, so get just outside of the arrows' area of effect (marked by a red circle) to not waste space.
Finish him off to start the next stage.
Stage 4 - Into the Mines
- Meet up with Taoshi, your Shado-Pan Contact.
- Joined with Taoshi
- Taoshi says: Well now. You sure know how to arrive in style.
Taoshi is standing by the cave-in. Speak with her:
- I will destroy this cave in, and then we can sneak in from behind. Let me know when you are ready.
- Alright. Let's go.
Stage 5 - What's Yours is Mine
- Make your way to the mine's main door.
- Cave-in cleared
- Make Your Way to the Mine Entrance /
- Taoshi says: Let's get down to business.
- Taoshi runs up to the cave-in, drops a bomb, and then takes cover behind the adventurer.
Head into the freshly-opened mine and start killing a path to the southwest through Shan'ze Electrocutioners, Shan'ze Slavers, and Saurok Slaves to reach the southern entrance. During this time, Taoshi will chime in randomly:
- Taoshi says: I have seen many things. But the cruelty of the mogu still curdles my blood.
- Taoshi says: Slaves - everywhere slaves. You can see what we fight against.
- Taoshi says: We are in the heart of the mogu war machine.
- Taoshi says: The Shado-Pan strike from the shadows, so that our enemies fear the dark.
- Taoshi says: They will learn that no place is safe from the Shado-Pan.
Final Stage - Cover Me
- Cover Taoshi while she deactivates the lock on the mine door, and defeat Slavedriver Shiaxu.
- Shiaxu Defeated /
- Mine door unlocked
- Taoshi says: Step lightly! We are almost to the gate.
- Taoshi says: There - the slave master! Hold his attention while I undo the lock.
- Slavemaster Shiaxu yells: What is this? Another uprising?
- Taoshi drops what she's doing and runs to the southern door.
Slavemaster Shiaxu is a level-90-elite mogu with 2 million health. See his article for abilities and full tactics. In short, get out of the Capture area of effect, as he will Deadly Kick the same area on his next attack, and get at least 40 yards away from the shackles to break the Chains.
Finish him off:
- Slavemaster Shiaxu yells: You will be... punished...
- Taoshi yells: I have it! The gates are undone!
- Lor'themar Theron yells: Rangers! Secure the forge. Smash the gate, so it cannot be closed!
- Sunreaver Rangers charge in and clear the mine of mogu.
- Lor'themar Theron says: Incredible work. I knew the Shado-Pan would make excellent allies.
- Taoshi says: We share a common enemy, Regent Lord, nothing more.
- Lor'themar Theron says: Regardless, we have delivered a terrible blow to the Thunder King today. Horde metalsmiths can begin studying mogu fabrication techniques immediately.
- Taoshi says: With all respect - these abominable tools should be destroyed!
- Lor'themar Theron says: In good time, my pandaren friend. In good time.
Use the portal behind Lor'themar to return to Dawnseeker Promontory.
- Stage 0:
- Stage 1:
- Stage 2:
- Stage 3:
- Stage 4:
- Stage 5:
- At exalted:
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-10-16): Taoshi should no longer despawn as soon as she arrives during Stage 4 of the scenario.
- Hotfix (2013-04-02): Fixed an issue where players would remain on Thunderwing and be unable to progress to Stage 3.
- Hotfix (2013-03-29): Fixed an issue where the Hail of Arrows debuff not being removed after defeating Beastmaster Horaki.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.