Touching Ground (Alliance)
Rogers and paratroopers on deck
|Start||Sky Admiral Rogers|
|End||Sully "The Pickle" McLeary|
|Level||86 (Requires 85)|
- Equip a Skyfire Parachute
Their town is burning and their men are scattered and broken. I need every available man on the ground NOW to finish them off.
Grab one of the parachutes on the edge of the ship and get down there!
'Bout time you showed up, <laddy/lassie>! Let's do some damage!
- 122,100 XP
- This quest was slightly bugged at release, with the parachutes sometimes not spawning on the sides of the ship.
- Sky Admiral Rogers says: Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men!
- Sky Admiral Rogers says: This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO!
- Sky Admiral Rogers says: Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore.
- Sky Admiral Rogers says: It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
- The paratroopers cheer.
Run to the side of the ship and interact with a parachute. The adventurer will put it on and jump off, circling over Garrosh'ar Point before landing to the north next to Sully. He's tinkering with a busted Garrosh'ar Shredder.
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary mumbles to himself while tinkering with the shredder.
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Gah, this thing's a death trap!
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Is that... a cherrywood drive-shaft? Who does that?!
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: I'm pretty sure this "valve" is a toenail. Goblins...
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Yeesh! Me great nan could build a more reliable manifold than this. An' she has!
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Look at this - total amateur hour! Doesn't even have a second-stage turbine blade.
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Level two grappling done. Now to tighten up level three...
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Wait and see, lads. We'll have ourselves a fine killin' machine in no time.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2012-11-28): "The quest "Touching Ground" can now be completed correctly."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.