There are different types of Town-In-A-Box such as:
- Town-In-A-Box - Deploys a town that can contain some houses, a poultryizer (for food), a forge, an anvil, a mailbox, a KTC Train-a-Tron Deluxe, a goblin barbecue, a "micro" mechachicken (also for food), and seemingly a generator for power, along with a control panel in the center of town. It can also contain docks and an oil refinery.
- City-In-A-Box - The same as a Town-In-A-Box but in a larger scale and with more buildings.
- Airbase-In-A-Box - Deploys an airbase. It is advised not to deploy them on mountain peaks.
- Lab-In-A-Box - Deploys a lab.
- Town-In-A-Box, in the Lost Isles
- Bilgewater Harbor, in Azshara
- Krazzworks, in the Twilight Highlands
- Tentative Outpost/Base in a Box, Windshorn Hills
Notes and trivia
- It seems that goblins can hide inside the boxes as Hobart Grapplehammer and Assistant Greely were inside of the town that was deployed in the Lost Isles.
- It is interesting to note that the boxes containing the town shake like there wasn't enough room for the town before it opens.
- The concept of the Town-In-A-Box might have been inspired by the Tiny Great Hall, Tiny Castle and Tiny Barracks of Warcraft III.
- Goblin technology allowing to put a whole town in a little box might be a reference to the Fallout franchise, especially to the Garden of Eden Creation Kit.