|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 9.1.0.
Bilgewater Cartel (in-game),|
|Location||Gallywix Pleasure Palace, Azshara|
Trade Prince Donais was a goblin trade prince found at Gallywix Pleasure Palace in Azshara. It has never been clear exactly what cartel he ran, but he appeared to be working with Jastor Gallywix and the Bilgewater Cartel in some capacity. Donais was the poster child of goblin enterprise. While his cartel adheres to strict neutrality policies in order to maximize profitability, this goblin wasn't above associating with anyone who could increase the volume of gold resting in his personal coffers. He was very rude and condescending to those below his status and sat on a pile of gold while wearing a tuxedo.
Donais (and his gold pile) abruptly disappeared from the Pleasure Palace at some point. According to the nearby bartender Zanagan Mixmaster, he passed away in an incredible way and his funeral was "crazy". Zanagan describes Donais as a "loudmouth" and also suggests that he wasn't a real trade prince. The gold he amassed was used to fund his funeral. He had picked out the musicians and refreshments and even drafted a list of burial gifts. His ornate coffin was ferried to his burial site by dancing pallbearers. His body was lowered into his grave by his associates and family members.
Upon his death, Donais went to Revendreth. He was found and questioned by Ta'lora. He insisted that he was a trade prince and spoke with her about his many accomplishments, the large amount of currency he had acquired for the purpose of lording his prosperity over his associates, as well as about his funeral and goblin funerals in general.
- Coin Toss — Throws a money bag at an enemy, inflicting Physical damage.
- Discombobulator Ray — Transforms the target into a Leper Gnome, reducing its melee damage and spell power by 40% and its movement rate by 20% for 20 sec.
- Rocket Barrage — Launches your belt rockets at an enemy, dealing 956 fire damage.
- Why are you talking to me? You don't make nearly as much money as me.
- Go mingle with your own kind, pal.
- Good for you. Good for all of you to go on living lives knowing you can never have the wealth that I do. I'm proud of you for sticking it out.
- Sometimes... sometimes it hurts to have so much money. It's just so lonely. Just me and all my gold.
- Attention. Attention, everyone. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies that I am so much richer than all of you. I truly hope you find a way to continue on.
- I am so... darn... beautiful. Looks at these guns. Look at this gold. Look at these girls. Who wouldn't want to be me?
Notes and trivia
- Donais was really into perfume.
- Trade Prince Donais did not have any voice set whatsoever when clicked. This was likely because the Pleasure Palace appears to be incomplete.
- His name may be a reference to one or both of the two Blizzard employees and brothers Mike Donais and Jeff Donais.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 9.1.0 (2021-06-29): Removed.
- Hotfix (2014-01-03): Trade Prince Donais now has stats befitting of his position in the Bilgewater Cartel.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.