|The subject of this article was removed in patch 6.0.2 but remains in World of Warcraft: Classic.
|Location||Moonshrine Sanctum, Blackfathom Deeps|
Kelris was the leader of the Twilight's Hammer in the Deeps who eluded the Argent Dawn in Darnassus for some time. They even considered him dead or missing for some time, but they knew that whenever evil made its presence known in Kalimdor, Kelris had played a role. According to Bashana Runetotem, Kelris was a creature of evil and sought to bring the world back to a time of chaos by worshipping such creatures as the Old Gods. He supervised the growth of the hydra Aku'mai. When Twilight Lord Bathiel assumed control of the Deeps and the Twilight's Hammer after the Cataclysm, his first act was to throw his sire, Lord Kelris, into the hungry maw of Aku'mai.
When the cultists found a strange three-headed creature in the belly of Blackfathom Deeps, Twilight Lord Kelris was convinced the hydra was a herald of the Old Gods' return to Azeroth... and his ticket to immortality. Kelris personally supervises the growth of the monster, even feeding him his own subjects to satisfy his wild hunger.
- Mind Blast — Inflicts Shadow damage to an enemy.
- Twilight Lord Kelris inflicts Shadow damage to a player.
- Sleep — Puts nearby enemies to sleep for up to 6 sec. Any damage caused will awaken them.
- Twilight Lord Kelris puts all players within 5 yards to sleep for 6 sec. Any damage inflicted will awaken players who are asleep.
Kelris is in a trance as you enter the room, so you have to attack him before he will respond. He is not accompanied by any guards, so it is possible to pull him without aggroing any adds. It is also unfortunately very easy to pull some more mobs in the room with him, so be careful. This should be an easy fight for a competent group. Watch for the mind control he casts periodically. He will also put players to sleep, so be prepared to pick up the slack from an incapacitated player. He runs around a lot when he is casting, so it is advisable to either clear the room before killing him, or pulling him outside onto the steps.
There are 4 candles on the altar he is praying to. After Kelris is dead, light these ONE at a time. Each one will spawn a large group of elites (Aku'mai Servant) after a 5-10 second delay. Without a higher level in your group, if you light more than one at a time you will wipe.
After all the candles have been lit, the door to Aku'mai is opened.
- Twilight Lord Kelris yells: Who dares disturb my meditation?
- Twilight Lord Kelris yells: Sleep...
Killing A Player:
- Twilight Lord Kelris yells: Dust to dust.
- Kelris is voiced by Marc Graue.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level increased from 24 to 25.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Level reduced from 27 to 24.