Underwater walking is a new movement mechanism introduced in Cataclysm that allows the character to function as if he/she is on land when standing or walking on the seafloor. This includes water breathing, the ability to eat or drink while on the seafloor, the ability to mount on the seafloor, and increased movement speed while not mounted and walking on the seafloor.
- is a rare Class Hall mission reward that turns the player into a Makrura for 10 minutes and allows underwater walking.
- is available during the Luminous Luminaries event from Max Megablast.
Zones with Underwater Walking
- Vashj'ir: Obtained after completing the quest . This manifests as a buff named that is active as long as the player is in Vashj'ir and its three zones (of Kelp'thar Forest, the Shimmering Expanse and the Abyssal Depths).
- Thousand Needles: Similar to the Vashj'ir example, accepting the quest will provide the buff that is active whenever underwater in this zone.
- Swamp of Sorrows: is provided for the quest , which gives the imbiber underwater walking for 15 minutes as long as the character stays in Swamp of Sorrows.
- Dread Wastes: Drinking during the quest grants the Mazu's Breath buff which allows underwater walking in Shelf of Mazu and Lonesome Cove. Additionally, Enchanted Essence is a zone buff that allows underwater walking in Gokk'lok's Grotto.
- Val'sharah: grants Luraura's Gift that allows underwater walking in Val'sharah for 10 minutes.
- Suramar: Completing the quest grants the buff Draught of Seawalking which allows underwater walking in Azuregale Bay.
- Tiragarde Sound: Favor of the Sea allows underwater walking in Anglepoint Wharf and Krakenbane Cove.
- Nazmir: can be collected from River Clams and provides underwater walking in Nazmir for 5 minutes on use.
- Nazjatar: provides which grants underwater walking for 8 minutes on use.
- There are several underwater Tortollan bars across Kul Tiras and Zandalar that provide underwater walking in their premise.