|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
- For the modern talent previously named "Unholy Frenzy", see . For the Warcraft III necromancer ability, see Necromancer (Warcraft III)#Unholy Frenzy.
Unholy Frenzy (originally called Hysteria) was an Unholy death knight ability that allowed the caster to send an allied party or raid member into a killing frenzy for 30 sec. It could be used on players, pets, or even the death knight themself.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed.
- Hotfix (2013-03-12): Unholy Frenzy damage will no longer break crowd-control effects that break on damage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a level 66 Unholy specialization ability (was a tier 3 Unholy talent). No longer an Enrage effect.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Now specifies "a friendly party or raid member" as the target (previously simply said "a friendly unit").
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): No longer generates threat.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12):
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): The buff from this ability is now properly considered an Enrage for the purposes of warriors using such abilities as .
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14):
- Hysteria, , , , , , , Beast Within, and damage bonuses no longer stack together.
- Now causes the target to lose health rather than take damage.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.