|Useful macros by class|
- 1 Macro Formatting Guidelines
- 2 General Macros
- 3 Arcane Macros
- 4 Fire Macros
- 5 Frost Macros
- 6 PVP Mage Macros
Macro Formatting Guidelines
Note: With the release of 6.0.2, many spells have been renamed, and much of the scripted command functionality has been modified. In an effort to keep Wowpedia posts relevant, please re-validate and re-post macros that work in the current version.
Re-Creating Old Macros
When re-creating a macro in Useful macros please
- follow the example format posted below (to get the frame around your macro, add a space before you start it)
- describe what it does
- note the version of WoW in which you tested it
- remove it from the Old Macros page
/y Hooray, I made a macro!
- Use: This yells, "Hooray, I made a macro!"
- Works in 6.x
Eating and drinking
There are some general macros for food and water management on the Useful macros.
All In 1 Food Macro
#showtooltip /cast [btn:2][mod:shift] Conjure Refreshment /cast [btn:3][mod:ctrl] Conjure Refreshment Table /stopmacro [mod] /use [btn:1] Conjured Mana Fritter
- Validated: 6.0.2
- Use: This macro is used for one button using/conjuring refreshments.
- Default: Lets you eat conjured refreshments
- Modifiers; Shift casts Conjure Refreshment; Ctrl it casts Conjure Refreshment Table.
- Buttons: btn1 is default, btn2 is similar to the shift modifier, btn3 is similar to the ctrl modifier.
Simple Announce Polymorph
#showtooltip /cast Polymorph /stopmacro [noharm][dead] /e polymorphs %t.
- Validated: 6.0.2
Use: Casts and announces it with an emote.
#showtooltip Polymorph /castrandom [harm] Polymorph, Polymorph(Rabbit), Polymorph(Turtle) /stopmacro [noharm][dead] /e polymorphs %t.
- Validated: 4.2
- Use: Casts a random spell and announces it with an emote.
Polymorph Focus Macro
A modified version of the old Polymorph Mouseover/Focus macro.
This polymorph macro will do the following:
- Set your focus on your mouseover target if you don't have a focus already OR if your current focus is friendly
- Set your focus on what you have targeted if you don't have a mouseover target and if you don't have a focus already OR if your current focus is friendly
- Polymorph the Focus target.
/clearfocus [@focus,noharm][@focus,dead] /focus [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@focus,noharm][@focus,dead] /cast [@focus,harm] Polymorph
You can also use this macro without the mouseover feature; just delete the [@mouseover,harm] bracket from the macro and you're set.
This macro will also work for other crowd control spells like Fear, Hex, etc.
- Tested in 5.3.0 (should still work in 6.0.2)
Cast and Remove Ice Block
#showtooltip Ice block /stopcasting /cast Ice block /cancelaura Ice block
Start buffs, conjure rations, and eat/drink in one click
#showtooltip Conjured Mana Fritter /castsequence [btn:1] reset=10 Arcane Brilliance,Conjure Refreshment /use [btn:2]Conjured Mana Fritter
This macro is good for start-up as it allows initial buffs, and the conjuring of refreshment; or it will consume refreshment with a single click. If you left-click on it, or click on it with a keyboard hotkey, it goes through a sequence which will give the intellect buff, followed by conjure refreshment. By putting the buffs first, when they run out and you are not out of food, you can simply left click on it twice to renew your buffs.
If you right click on it, you will sit, eat, and drink, in one click. By setting #showtooltip to the food - change it to whichever food you conjure - you will see a big red ? when you first log on, to remind you that you need to run it, and, once you have run it, you will see the number of foods you have in stock.
This will cast Arcane Blast 4 times to build up Arcane Charges, then cast Arcane Barrage. When Arcane Missiles procs hold shift to cast Arcane Missiles after the fourth Arcane Blast.
#show Arcane Blast /cast [mod:shift, nochanneling] Arcane Missiles; /castsequence [nochanneling] reset=10/nocombat Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Barrage
High Damage Blizzard
#show Blizzard /cast Icy Veins /cast Blizzard
This is particularly good if you keybind your mousewheel to it.
#show Remove Curse /cast [target=mouseover,noflying,nomounted,nodead,help] Remove Curse; [target=mouseover,noflying,nomounted,nodead,harm] Counterspell; [flying,combat] Slow Fall
Living Bomb, Fireball
/castsequence reset=12/target/combat Living Bomb, Fireball, Fireball, Fireball, Fireball
Cast Living Bomb on Mouseover Target
#showtooltip Living Bomb /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] Living Bomb
- Use: If there's a mouseover target that isn't friendly or dead, this macro will pop a Living Bomb on it. If not, it works like normal Living Bomb. Useful for spamming Living Bomb onto adds and around groups!
- Works in 6.0.2
Frostbolt and Pet Attack
You can replace frostbolt with any other spell you use alot and it makes the water elemental attack faster.
#showtooltip Frostbolt /cast Frostbolt /petattack
May not the be choice for higher levels, but for AoE leveling grinding as frost its good.
#showtooltip /castsequence reset=10 Frost Nova, Ice Barrier, Icy Veins, Blizzard, Blink, Cone of Cold
PVP Mage Macros
Please add any available information to this section.