Related to Reign of Azshara Expansion Concept
Plunder Isle is a zone located nearby Zin-Azshari. The long-time hideout of the Bloodsail Buccaneer pirates, the island came under assault by the naga, who made short work of the hapless pirate crews gathered there. Shortly after falling to the naga, the island came under siege from a vast Horde fleet, seeking to conquer the island as a beachhead in the war against Azshara.
Before becoming the stronghold of the Bloodsail pirates, Plunder Isle was an unremarkable landmass populated mostly by murlocs and beasts. The Bloodsail pirate crews built ramshackle impermanent settlements across the habitable coastal regions, but rarely ventured in-land due to large tracts of impassable mountainous terrain and harsh wilderness filled with dangerous animals. The only long-standing structure was Bloodsail Hold, built by slave-labor as the base of operations for the pirate captains of the Bloodsail fleet, and the throne of Duke Falrevere, supreme commander of the Bloodsail.
The Cataclysm and subsequent rise of Zin-Azshari has caused the shifting of many island across the Great Seas, and Plunder Isle was no exception. Torn from the east and thrust across the sea, Plunder Isle now lies to the north-west of Kezan. The shifting of the island has also cause the collapse of many of the mountain cliffs along its coast, rendering it much more approachable from the sea. The island soon came under assault by the naga, who sought to sweep away all land-dwellers. The pirates fought a desperate defense against the invaders, but soon only Bloodsail Hold remained standing.
Plunder Isle's new location has made it an ideal strategic position for the Horde forces seeking to attack Zin-Azshari. The collapse of the rough coastal cliffs has also exposed the resources in the island's central regions, making it a potentially rich source of supplies. Horde forces have targeted the island for conquest, and under the command of Lor'themar Theron they stand poised to sweep away naga and pirate alike and seize Plunder Isle for the Horde.
Plunder Island's rough coastline is rocky and treacherous, while its inner regions are wild and untamed, with misty mountains and tropical jungles. Coastal regions that aren't occupied by the roughshod settlements of pirates are infested with hostile murlocs, and the inner jungles swarm with ferocious beasts, including basilisks. Creatures similar to the hozen, known as zandrill, also dwell in the deeper jungles. Caves and tunnels riddle the earth deep beneath the surface of the island, and are filled with deep-dwelling beasts and earth elementals.
Horde forces launch an all-out attack on Plunder Isle with the goal of conquering it as their forward base. A great fleet led by the blood elves and Lor'themar Theron first fight their way through the beleaguered pirate ships clustered around the island even before setting foot on dry land. Once the Horde has arrived, they find that the pirates are already under attack by naga forces. Lor'themar leads his people and forces of orcs and trolls into battle against their enemies, destroying naga and pirate alike.
After driving the naga from Plunder Isle, the Horde turns towards taking Bloodsail Hold, ousting the pirates sheltering inside and slaying the leader of the Bloodsail pirates, Duke Falrevere, once and for all. With Bloodsail Hold under their control, the Horde must then fortify the island and transform it into a proper base. With their center of operations in place, Lor'themar and his commanders turn their attention towards Zin-Azshari.
Bloodsail Hold acts as the primary Horde hub during the campaign against Azshara. Portals allow access to the other Horde capitols, and the harbor grants passage to Zin-Azshari itself.
- Lor'themar Theron - Leader of the Horde forces. After years of enforced complacency in Quel'Thalas, Lor'themar is in his glory shedding blood upon the field of battle.
- Archmage Aethas Sunreaver - Lor'themar Theron's trusted advisor and friend. His mystical knowledge will be an asset against the powers of Azshara and her naga.
- Lady Liadrin - Leader of the paladins of Quel'Thalas. Liadrin brings the great power of the Light to bear against the darkness from the deep sea.
- Commander Mar'krok - Leader of the orc forces under Lor'themar's command. Mar'krok wasn't happy about taking orders from elves and trolls, but after fighting alongside them in glorious combat, he is beginning to see their worth.
- Vol'jin, and so the warchief sent him to where it will do the most good - slaughtering the forces of Azshara. It is rumored that De'Chaka has rescinded the Darkspear's long-standing ban on cannibalizing intelligent races, permitting the practice amongst his followers. Witch Doctor De'Chakah - Leader of the troll forces under Lor'themar's command. De'Chakah's bloodlust was so great it even unsettled
- Slaughter the Bloodsail Pirates - Sail your ships into close combat with the Bloodsail Buccaneers, and send those swabs down to the ocean floor.
- Naga Invasion - Azshara's forces are after the same thing the Horde is - conquest of Plunder Isle. Only one can win - make sure it's the Horde.
- Murloc Madness - Murlocs infest Plunder Isle's coastal regions, and the rise of Zin-Azshari has sent them on a rampage. Put down these vermin once and for all.
- Safari - The fierce creatures of the island's inner forests have been feeding well on the carnage. Your forces need feeding as well - time for some hunting.
- Zandrill in the Mist - These odious creatures are nothing but trouble. Their antics offend the sensibilities of even the most uncultured members of the Horde. Wipe them out.
- Finders Keepers - The ocean caves beneath Plunder Isle hold a great deal of the Bloodsail's stolen wealth. Reclaim their riches for the Horde.
- Elemental Imbalance - The rise of Zin-Azshari has disrupted the forces of nature. Aid Horde shaman in closing rifts to the Elemental Plane before a full-scale elemental invasion takes place.
- Taking Bloodsail Hold - It's time to secure Bloodsail Hold as a symbol of the Horde's conquest. Breach the walls and slaughter the Bloodsail leaders within.