|Welcome to Wowpedia!|
Some links you may find useful:
We hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wowpedian!
Just wanted to point out to you that primary definition of "consume" does not have anything to do with the act of eating or drinking, but rather "to destroy". Although eating or drinking is certainly one of the definitions of consume.Baggins 03:07, 30 April 2007 (EDT)
- Oh, thanks for letting me know. I didn't know there was a non-eating definition of the word. --Dr. Cheis 05:11, 19 May 2007 (UTC)
The mount has nothing special with it, particularly not these "instant summons" stories etc. I'm leaving this one assuming you didn't know, but this is your only warning. --User:Adys/Sig 01:18, 19 May 2007 (UTC)
- What exactly do you mean by "warning?" I wasn't vandalizing the page or anything. My girlfriend's guildmate has this mount, so I thought it would be useful to the WoW community to relay the information. Also, I didn't mean to say "instant summon." I should have clarified that there is still a summon time, but it simply isn't interrupted by movement. Honestly, I'm a little offended that you treated my contribution like you did, even if I am mistaken. I'm still figuring out how this "wiki" thing works, so I'm not entirely familiar with how such a discussion would be carried out. I guess the threat is that I get banned from wowwiki if I try posting it again? I'll try to provide some sort of evidence next time, a screenshot or something I guess. I certainly never meant to get on the Admins's bad side or anything like that, so I apologize for breaking any rules I wasn't aware of. But please be a bit nicer to us newbies. --Dr. Cheis 05:20, 19 May 2007 (UTC)
- The page (and similar pages such as Deathcharger's Reins etc) is very often filled with things that are just rumors. A close friend of mine, on my server, has the mount and I doublechecked everything. You can't summon this mount in combat (there is a combatcheck at the end but not at the start). You can't summon this mount while moving. You can't start summoning the mount then move. You can dismount properly (fixed a couple of patches ago). It is not an instant summon.
- I'm sorry for having sounded aggressive that wasn't my intention. But please understand that spreading unverified incorrect information is considered as vandalism aswell, hence my reaction. Have fun and sorry again! --User:Adys/Sig 15:08, 19 May 2007 (UTC)
- Well it's good to know you checked this out before labeling it vandalism. I must have assumed too much from what I had been told. All I know is that somebody with the mount can use a http://www.thottbot.com/i30847 to launch himself or herself straight up into the air, then mount up on the way down, which cannot be done on a normal mount. I'm afraid though that it isn't firsthand knowledge. I have never seen the hat, and I don't personally know the guy who did this; it all comes from my girlfriend. I've asked her to get screenshots of the guy doing it, so until I see them I won't make any more changes to the page.
- Also, apology accepted. --Dr. Cheis 12:36, 19 May 2007 (UTC)
- So my "contact" regarding that matter is no longer a reliable source of information, so I withdraw the claim I originally made completely. Next time it doesn't get uploaded unless I know it firsthand. Dr. Cheis 04:17, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
- Just a short follow-up, a recent patch corrected an issue where this mount was able to be cast while jumping. I think that is how my "contact" got the misimpression that it could be summoned while moving. Dr. Cheis 04:53, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
This is a common problem. The image did indeed update, just sometimes the cache on the server side takes a little while or a few days/weeks to catch up. I should probably ask an admin to look into that but just heads up, if you want the wowwiki image instead of the wowhead one go ahead and revert it again. It just might take a while to show up 100% of the time.00:08, March 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, we're aware of it... it is a problem on the wiki side and the higher ups know about it as well. I believe they still haven't solved the problem.
00:37, March 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Good to know. I thought it was just me being a newb at images. The wowwiki image is the one I should have used from the start anyway, I just hadn't realized it existed. I don't know what the policy is on these things but I imagine it's best to rely on our own screenshots as much as possible rather than relying on other websites and copy/pasting their work. Dr. Cheis (talk) 00:46, March 31, 2010 (UTC)
Your opinion is desired
Hey, just wanted to solicit your opinion on whether WoWWiki should leave Wikia. Thanks. -- ( • ) 22:47, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I've looked at this discussion but it mostly flies over my head. Whatever people decide is fine with me as long as wowwiki isn't horribly destroyed somehow. :) Dr. Cheis (talk) 23:01, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Certainly not, we're not trying to destroy Wowpedia, we're trying to preserve its quality. Thanks for your input. -- ( • ) 23:18, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
Please review the image policy and refrain from uploading screenshots with their original filename. Thanks. -- ( • ) 01:39, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry about that. I misremembered it and thought it was just to avoid duplicate image names. I'll be more descriptive next time. Dr. Cheis (talk) 01:44, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
What's up with this change? We need to move away from linking to the old forums since they will be closed soon. -- ( • ) 13:05, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
- Whoops, that was a mistake. I put in the wrong link. Thanks for fixing it. Dr. Cheis (talk) 01:38, 24 November 2010 (UTC)