- For the dog, see Val (dog).
Val is a world that has long fallen to the Legion. The climate is way below freezing temperature and anyone caught in it will die in a matter of seconds. After being conquered by the Legion, the demons planted braziers to make the cold bearable. The Legion now uses it to hold their prisoners while inquisitors steal their secrets.
When first arriving, one has to perform three stages. Stage one consists of defeating the legion forces. These come in Wicked Corruptors, Felrage Marauders and Blacksoul Inquisitors. Stage two requires you to free the demon hunters in the ice. Once all twelve demon hunters are free, the boss appears. Stage three requires you to take down the boss.
Because of the freezing cold, the demons have planted braziers to keep them warm. When standing next to one, you will be healed for 1% of your maximum health every 3 sec. However, this effect also works on the demons and they will also be healed.
P.S. The demons do not suffer from Crippling Cold.
After defeating the demons and freeing the demon hunters, you will get an option to fight a boss.
- Keep the bosses away from braziers at all cost. The boss has a lot of health and 1% is enough to undo your progress
- Certain bosses have nasty damage dealing abilities like releasing an obelisk from the ground. Should you stand on it for just a few seconds, you are dead. (Summary:GET OUT OF THE FIRE!)
- The best way to kite him is to go in circles.
- When kiting, make sure you have a path back to the other side, as some abilities can last long on the ground.
- As long as one player has aggro, the boss won't evade.
- Wicked Corruptors
- Felrage Marauders
- Demon Hunters
- Blacksoul Inquisitors
- Felflame Subjugators
- Bladesworn Disciples
- Conquering Riftstalkers
- In the first PTR build that introduced Invasion Points, Val was called Sholoth instead.
- The Illidari also assaulted this world.
- The Val map is reused for Chill's Reach that appears during ; it is possible they are intended to be the same place.
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Added.