Valor is an item upgrade currency rewarded for completing Mythic+ dungeons in Shadowlands. Although it existed prior to Shadowlands, it was removed after Warlords of Draenor. It was re-added with the release of Patch 9.0.5.
Items can be upgraded from an item level of 184 (a drop from a base Mythic dungeon) up to item level 220 (if the player meets the requirements). The Valor cost depends on the item.
Items obtained before the release of patch 9.0.5 are ineligible for upgrades, including the items obtained from the Great Vault from that week, although items obtained from the vault one week after the release of the patch are eligible.
|Neck, Cloak, Bracers, Rings, Shield and Offhand||250|
|Shoulders, Gloves, Belt, Boots and Trinkets||400|
|Helm, Chest, Legs||475|
|One-Hand Agility and Strength Weapons||500|
|One-Hand Intellect Weapons||750|
To upgrade an eligible item, you can visit the following:
- Aggressor Zo'dash in Oribos
- Forgehand Phillo in Elysian Hold (Kyrian only)
- Goreguts in Seat of the Primus (Necrolord only)
- Craftsmaster Lamda in Heart of the Forest (Night Fae only)
- Guy Yearmo in Sinfall (Venthyr only)
Initially, players are able to upgrade to rank 6 (item level 200). However, to upgrade further, they must have the Shadowlands Keystone Explorer, Conqueror and Master achievements. The ranks of Mythic dungeon items are as follows:
|Rank||Item level||Achievement required to upgrade to this rank|
|7||203||Shadowlands Keystone Explorer: Season One|
|8||207||Shadowlands Keystone Explorer: Season One|
The currency is rewarded from completing the following:
In Warlords of Draenor, each item could be upgraded twice, by 5 item levels each time, for 250 Valor. Only items from Hellfire Citadel, crafted profession items, items created from Baleful tokens in Tanaan Jungle, and Draenor dungeon drops could be upgraded. All the items already obtained were eligible for upgrades retroactively.
To upgrade eligible items, you could visit the following:
- Voidbinder Sturzah <Item Upgrade> in Stormwind City
- Voidbinder Tarazuuk <Item Upgrade> in Stormshield
- Voidbinder Zorlan <Item Upgrade> in Orgrimmar
- Voidbinder Selebrembor <Item Upgrade> in Warspear
The currency was rewarded from completing the following:
- First random Heroic Dungeon of the day: 100
- Mythic Dungeons: 300
- Weekly Bonus Event quests (except for the Pet Battle Bonus Event): 500
- A Raid Finder wing for Highmaul, Blackrock Foundry, or Hellfire Citadel for the first time each week: 150 for HFC, 75 for HM and BRF
Although there was no hard weekly cap, there was an effective weekly cap of 4875 (depending on which Bonus Event was active)
In Shadowlands, the weekly cap was set to 5000 for the first week of patch 9.0.5. For the second week, it will increase by 750 to 5750, increasing by 750 each week up to 8750 (which will be the cap from week 6 onwards).