- Not to be confused with Vann.
|Class||Warrior, Mountain king|
|Affiliation(s)||Stormpike Guard, Stormpike clan|
|Occupation||Leader of the Stormpike Guard, General|
Vanndar Stormpike is an elite boss dwarf and the leader of the Stormpike Expedition in Alterac Valley. Vanndar rules from his fortress of Dun Baldar in the northern part of the Valley. As indicated by his abilities, he is a mountain king.
Vanndar Stormpike seeks to find artifacts that may reveal more about the heritage of his people. His pursuit to find artifacts leads into the sacred land where the Frostwolf clan dwell, causing conflict between the two.
When an Alliance player reaches Prestige Rank 2, Vanndar can be found in Stormwind Keep alongside other notable leaders of the Alliance. During , he is present at the ceremony hosted by King Anduin Wrynn that congratulates the character for their battles against the Horde, following their receiving of the from the King, as well as an artifact appearance.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
- Melees for about 14k with absolutely no armor. This is buffed by 25/56/95/144% depending on the number of marshals up. (level 80 damage)
- Avatar: Increases the Physical damage dealt by the caster by 50% and enhances its armor by 50% for 15 sec.
- Storm Bolt: Throws a hammer at an enemy, inflicting 150 nature damage and stunning the target for 8 sec.
- As with many bosses, he is immune to most crowd control abilities and incapacitating effects.
- inflicts 71 to 79 nature damage and time between attacks increased by 33%.
Movement speed reduced by 40% for 10 seconds.
If Vanndar has any marshals up, his damage and health are buffed by 25% for each marshal. However, the buff is applied seperately. So he will have 25% more damage with 1 marshal, 56% more damage and health at 2 marshals. 95% at 3 marshals, and 144% with all 4 up. This is compared to his base damage and health.
I promise you this much: The Valley will be ours.
- Soldiers of Stormpike, your General is under attack! I require aid! Come! Come! Slay these mangy Frostwolf dogs.
- You'll never get me out of me bunker, heathens!
- I will tell you this much...Alterac Valley will be ours.
- Take no prisoners! Drive these heathens from our lands! (Alliance players receive 10/20/30% damage/size increases, gained by turning in .)
- Raid wipe
- Why don't ya try again without yer cheap tactics, pansies! Or are you too chicken?
- Your attacks are weak! Go practice on some rabbits and come back when you're stronger.
- We will not be swayed from our mission!
- It'll take more than you rabble to bring me down!
- We, the Alliance, will prevail!
- The Stormpike clan bows to no one, especially the horde!
- Is that the best you can do?
- Vanndar appears as a neutral Legendary minion in the Fractured in Alterac Valley set. His flavor text reads: "His favorite modes of transportation? Van, car, board, bike."
- Vanndar also appears as an alternate hero for the Warrior class.
- Vanndar Stormpike is quoted on the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game card "Electrified Dagger".
- Vanndar appears in Heroes of the Storm as the Alliance core on the Alterac Pass map and as a skin for Muradin.
He might be related to General Lena Stormpike.
- Heroes of the Storm
Vanndar Stormpike in the Alterac Pass battleground.
Vanndar fighting Drek'Thar in the Echoes of Alterac event.
- Patch 5.4.7 (2014-02-18): Now immune to and all disarm and daze effects. Health and Damage increased.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.
- The Frostwolf Artichoke: Tales of Stormpike Glory, a book on Alterac Valley strategy, written by Vanndar Stormpike himself.
- TCG card