|Title||<Purveyor of Cyphers>|
|Former affiliation(s)||Cartel Ve|
|Location||Ve'nari's Refuge, Maw|
She lives among the shadows and, through unknown means, has managed to survive inside the Maw for years away from the eyes of The Jailer. She is the closest thing adventurers can find to a friendly face in the Maw. However, Ve'nari is very elusive and seems to always know more than she is saying. She states that her relationship with the adventurers is pure business: they give what she wants, and she gives what they need.
Ve'nari is hiding from Cartel Ve, a broker cartel, having been a former member who betrayed them, but also had been originally assigned to the Maw by her cartel. With the information given, it seems likely she committed some sort of crime against her cartel and is looking to avoid retribution for it, or given she implies she was the one who was betrayed, that she is a loose end the cartel needs to tie up.
- Ve'nari knows more about the Maw than anyone, and she might share a fraction of that information with you if you earn her regard.
Like selected NPCs from other expansions, Ve'nari has her own reputation faction. Various standings with her are required to purchase some of her wares and gain access to some areas of the Maw. Uniquely, Ve'nari's goods can be purchased based on the highest reputation of all characters on your account, rather than the reputation of the character purchasing the item.
|Standing||Overall rep||To next level|
|Dubious||0 - 999||1,000|
|Apprehensive||1,000 - 6,999||6,000|
|Tentative||7,000 - 13,999||7,000|
|Ambivalent||14,000 - 20,999||7,000|
|Cordial||21,000 - 41,999||21,000|
Ve'nari reputation is gained by completing her daily and weekly quests, as well as defeating encounters in the Maw:
|Source||Reputation||Stygia||Threat||Threat per rep||Threat per Stygia|
|Rare elite mob||100||≈75||500||5.00||6.67|
|Wrath of the Jailer (weekly)||250||100||500||2.00||5.00|
|Perdition Hold weekly||1100||700||1200||1.09||1.71|
|Maw Lore (one-time)||100-150||0||0||0||0|
It is recommended to focus on the daily quests first, then the weeklies. Once they're done, complete a Wrath of the Jailer event once a week (preferably with a group), and then kill rares and complete events around the Maw until has filled, to maximize the reputation earned.
Rares and events have a decent chance of dropping a Maw Lore item quest, which can be turned in at Ve'nari for 100 reputation.
|n/a||60||Teleports the player to Ve'nari's refuge|
|Apprehensive||527||Torghast upgrade (death)|
|800||Torghast upgrade (obleron armaments)|
|1130||Maw upgrade (Chaotic Riftstones)|
|165||Stealth + movement speed buff|
|Tentative||1135||Torghast upgrade (broker powers)|
|666||Maw upgrade (assassins)|
|1050||Maw upgrade (grappling hook)|
|1650||Maw upgrade (Animaflow Teleporter)|
|230||Torghast Mawrat skill|
|210||Torghast lock bypass|
|Ambivalent||775||Maw upgrade (abductors)|
|1025||Torghast upgrade (anima powers)|
|3760||Torghast upgrade (phantasma)|
|Cordial||1330||Torghast upgrade (broker powers)|
|1575||Torghast upgrade (broker powers)|
|Appreciative||1525||Torghast upgrade (anima hoard)|
- Maldraxxus storyline
- Maw intro
- Torghast/Runecarver unlock
- Additional rules
- Perdition/Beastwarrens dailies
- Perdition Hold weeklies
- Main article: The Brand Holds the Key#Notes
- Main article: Hope Never Dies#Notes
- Main article: Delving Deeper#Notes
- Main article: A Bond Beyond Death#Notes
- Main article: Wake of Ashes (quest)#Notes
- Main article: Maw Walker (quest)#Notes
After Rule 4: Make a List:
Your cartel says they know what you did. Is there something you're not telling me?
- Oh, there are many things I choose not to tell you. As I am sure there are many things you do not tell me.
- Trust is built on discretion, Maw Walker. Without it, business would be impossible.
- That being said, I have trusted you with my most valuable secret: the location of this very refuge. I ask only that you trust me in return.
After Rule 5: Be Audacious:
Aren't you concerned about the brokers who were taken to the Beastwarrens?
- It is unfortunate that they should suffer such a fate, but make no mistake. They are as much our enemy as are the Mawsworn.
- Those brokers were doomed from the moment they arrived. And even if you rescued them, doing so would only invite ruin upon us both.
- A ruthless mentality, I admit. But it is one that is necessary for survival in the Maw.
- You would do well to remember that.
After Rule 6: Concealment is Everything:
What happened to the other brokers who came into the Maw with you?
- None of the others survived. Only me.
- The Maw, as you are well aware, is a dangerous place. And while traveling in a large group may provide the illusion of security, in reality it just makes you a more tempting target.
- We learned that the hard way. Our numbers were whittled away until there were few enough of us left to hide ourselves. That slowed the hunt... but did not stop it.
- When I alone remained, I accepted the truth of my situation. Solitude offered the best chance of survival.
- At least until you arrived.
- Ah, my new partner! Let us see how long you last.
- All mysteries will be revealed.
- Do you feel the Maw tearing at your mind?
- Find anything of interest, Maw Walker?
- Have you come to trade or to waste your breath?
- I have limitless time. You do not.
- I trust you were not followed.
- Just because I have infinite time does not mean I have infinite patience.
- Long have I observed the Mawsworn torture their victims. Perhaps you want a demonstration?
- You know, not all of my previous associates met their end at the Jailer's hands.
- Discover more secrets. Then we can talk.
- Do not draw the Jailer's eye.
- I will detain you no longer.
- Procure something of value.
- Return only if you must.
- Trust not what you see in the Maw.
- Will that be all, Maw Walker?
- Oh, you've returned. How fortuitous.
- Please tell me you have something interesting to discuss, Maw Walker.
- You were not followed, were you?
- Ve'nari is voiced by Aysha Selim, who is best known for her performance as Ana Amari in Overwatch.
- Hotfix (2021-04-06): "The ability to purchase items from Ve’nari is now unlocked for all characters on your account based on the character with the highest reputation. To gain access to purchasing the items across all characters on your account, you must log into the character with the highest Ve’nari reputation."
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.