- Vial of the Sands
- Use: Teaches you how to transform into a dragon, allowing you to carry an ally on your back. This is a flying mount.
- Requires Level 1-60
- Requires Apprentice Riding
- Sell Price: 25
Vial of the Sands is a mount that allows characters to transform into a [Sandstone Drake] flying mount capable of carrying another player. Learning this gives the achievement [Vial of the Sands].
This item is created with Alchemy (525); taught by [Recipe: Vial of the Sands].
Sandstone Drakes were studied in great detail long ago by the famed alchemist Walleye Sprysprocket. It has even been said that Walleye developed potions to mimic the drakes' physiology.
- Sold by Yasmin at the Oasis of Vir'sar in Uldum
- Sold by Yasmin, and Big Keech in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms for 3,000 each
- 72x [Pyrite Ore] to make 36x [Pyrium Bar]
- 24x [Elementium Ore] or 12x [Elementium Bar], 12x [Volatile Earth] and 12 daily transmutaion cooldowns to make 36x [Pyrium Bar].
- 120x [Volatile Fire], 120x [Volatile Air], and 120x [Volatile Water].
- 64x [Volatile Life], 64x [Azshara's Veil], 64x [Whiptail] and 8x [Crystal Vial].
- 64x [Volatile Life], 64x [Cinderbloom], 64x [Whiptail] and 8x [Crystal Vial].
- OR ALTOGETHER:
- 128x [Volatile Life], 128x [Whiptail], 16x [Crystal Vial], 64x [Azshara's Veil] and 64x [Cinderbloom].
- 8x [Albino Cavefish] fished from mercury in Deepholm.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.2.2 (2011-08-30): Use description changed slightly.
- Previous description: Teaches you how to transform into a dragon, allowing you to fly very fast and carry an ally on your back.
- Hotfix (2010-12-14): The Alchemy mount Vial of the Sands is no longer Bind-on-Pickup.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.