Void hounds, also known as void terrors, are huge and extremely powerful two-headed demons that roam the trackless wastes of the Twisting Nether like ravenous beasts. They possess a nearly unlimited source of magical energy.
While these creatures are generally described as demons and classified as such in-game, some are instead classed as aberrations. The void hound Shad'har was created by the Old God N'Zoth, and at least one other void terror has been seen being summoned by wielders of Void magic.
Prior to The Burning Crusade, the only known void terror residing in Azeroth was Immol'thar, found within Dire Maul in Kalimdor. Later, Kael'thas Sunstrider brought with the help of the Burning Legion a number of demons, including void terrors, to Azeroth to guard the Sunwell. A large number of them have also been sighted in Outland, guarding certain regions of the Blade's Edge Mountains and prowling the Netherstorm.
- Dark Emanation
- Shad'har the Insatiable
- Spawn of Shad'har
- Yor <Void Hound of Shaffar>
As a companion pet
- Main article: Void Collar
In the TCG
"Twice the bark and twice the bite."
- Patch 8.3.0 (2020-01-14): Model updated.
- ^ Adventure Guide entry for Yor
- ^ a b c World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 21
- ^ a b Adventure Guide entry for Immol'thar
- ^ Adventure Guide entry for Occu'thar
- ^ Shen'dralar Ancient conversation
- ^ Adventure Guide entry for Shad'har the Insatiable
- ^ Dark Emanation
- ^ Void Terror (War of the Ancients)