|Race||Fire giant (Giant)|
|Level||70 - 82 Elite|
|Location||The Iron Crucible, Halls of Lightning|
The Winterskorn War
Along with Ignis, Volkhan saw the Storm Peaks surrounding Ulduar as a land ripe for conquest, however they were aware that they needed to army and to this end the fire giants turned towards the fierce Winterskorn clan of vrykul. After taking control of the clan by force the fire giants were quick to stroke the fires of their battle lust, while forging armor and weapons for the army designed to work against the other titan-forged.
However just as the new army was to embark on its great conquest, the Curse of Flesh struck. Seeing their forces succumb to it did not deter Volkhan and Ignis from their goal, but both were aware that they could no longer rely on the Winterskorn alone to achieve victory. To strengthen their army Volkhan and Ignis molded powerful molten golems and iron constructs of their own design. This massive Winterskorn army marched first against the good-natured earthen, storming their underground lairs. The earthen were utterly unprepared to face such an overwhelming and organized force. Entire caverns were massacred to the last living creature.
A small group of survivors escaped the onslaught and sought the help of Tyr, Archaedas, and Ironaya, who had thus far eluded Loken's wrath. Incensed by what they learned, Tyr and his companions immediately journeyed to the earthen's cavernous home to aid the beleaguered titan-forged. Tyr himself led the bravest of the earthen in skirmishes with the Winterskorn, while Archaedas and Ironaya constructed defenses to ward off future attacks. In time, the earthen and their allies drove back the Winterskorn.
Although their attempts to conquer the Storm Peaks failed, Volkhan and Ignis did not concede defeat. They returned to their blistering forges and created a new army - one even greater than before. Not satisfied with golems and constructs alone, Volkhan and Ignis crafted enchanted snares with which to enslave entire flights of proto-dragons. These creatures would serve not as mounts, but as beasts of war. The giants outfitted their winged servants with fiery weapons to strike terror into the hearts of the earthen. The Winterskorn's next brutal assault shattered the earthen's defenses and drove them from their refuge. The earthen scattered across the icy mountain passes, but they could not escape their foes. Vrykul and golems hunted the earthen on the ground, while proto-dragons assailed them from skies. Even Tyr, Archaedas, and Ironaya were forced to flee from the Winterskorn's fury.
However Try was able to recruit the Dragon Aspects to his cause and they helped bring an end to the conflict by shattering the golems and constructs forged by Ignis and Volkhan, liberating the enslaved proto-dragons, and forcing the Winterskorn into a deep slumber.
Wrath of the Lich King
Volkhan at Loken's command resides within the Halls of Lightning, located in the Iron Crucible. Volkhan works many days and nights to create golems to further the numbers of Loken's armies, and is considered a threat to the existence of the Sons of Hodir, who order his death.
Loken's powerful legions are a testament to the craftsmanship of his blacksmith, Volkhan. His work is never ending, ceaselessly creating soldiers to fight for the fallen keeper. Only when the blacksmith's creations stand atop the crumpled bodies of their enemies will his work be done.
- Heat — Volkhan heats up a Molten Golem, healing it for 20% of its maximum health.
- Temper — Volkhan strikes his anvil, creating Molten Golems.
- Shattering Stomp — When Volkhan reaches 25% health remaining he stomps the ground, inflicting Physical damage to all players and shatters all Brittle Golems.
- Immolation Strike — Molten Golems burn a player, inflicting Fire damage and then additional Fire damage over 9 sec.
- Cool Down — Molten Golems cool over time, losing 2% of their health per second. As they cool, Molten Golems slow down, reducing their movement speed.
- Cool Down — Molten Golems cool over time, losing 1% of their health per second. As they cool, Molten Golems slow down, reducing their movement speed.
- Shatter — When a Molten Golem reaches 1% health remaining it becomes cooled, rendering it inactive. When Volkhan uses Shattering Stomp, all Cooled Golems will Shatter, inflicting Physical damage to all players within 0 yards.
This is a fairly simple fight.
He hits the tank for medium damage. At every 20% of his health, he runs to his anvil and casts "Temper", which produces several molten golem adds. The adds do not hit hard but do cast . Instead of dying, they become "frozen."
Once he has cast Temper several times he will cast Shattering Stomp which causes the frozen golems to shatter for ~5k damage each. If the golems are stacked, the stomp can one-shot party members. However, Shattering Stomp has a cast time and is emoted, allowing players to move away from any frozen golems.
- It is you who have destroyed my children? You... shall... pay!
- Life from the lifelessness... death for you.
- Nothing is wasted in the process. You will see...
- I will crush you beneath my boots!
- All my work... undone!
- Killing a player
- The armies of iron will conquer all!
- Ha, pathetic!
- You have cost me too much work!
- The master was right... to be concerned.
- His name is a reference to the Roman deity Vulcan, god of fire and weaponsmith of the gods.
- Volkhan is voiced by Isaac C. Singleton Jr..
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.