|Volunteer Guard Day|
|Duration||April 28 - 29|
After gaining the buff (applied for 24 hours), city invaders will attack you at random. Killing them gives you a title that lasts for the duration of the event. The title changes depending on how many enemies you have killed.
Once you enter an instance, you lose the buff and the appearance.
- 10 - Defender of <City Name>
- 50 - Heroic Defender of <City Name>
- 250 - Mythic Defender
- All Alliance and Horde capital cities in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.
- Outland's Shattrath City
- Northrend's Dalaran elven guards
- Pandaria's Shrine of Seven Stars & Shrine of Two Moons
- Draenor's Warspear & Stormshield.
- New Forsaken and worgen guards in Dalaran as well as the high elven guards in Dalaran Sewers.
- City Invader - they are not flagged for PvP. They scale according to your level so even low level characters can participate.
- You can become an Undercity Abomination, Scryer Arcane Guardian, Golden Lotus Defender (Vale of Eternal Blossoms), or Huntress Duskrunner.
- Blood elven guards (using the old spellbreaker model) in Silvermoon City don't work. Instead, Silvermoon Spellbreaker Elites have been added.
- Regular NPC guards and royal guards also attack the enemies. City leaders do not.
- You can join a party with players.
- Does not work cross-faction.
- Appearance isn't lost on leaving capitals, it remains in the open world until cancelled manually or until the end of the mini-event.
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Added.