- This article is about the Skywall 5-player instance. For the Blade's Edge Mountains subzone formerly named Vortex Pinnacle, see Vortex Summit.
|The Vortex Pinnacle|
Vortex Pinnacle loading graphic
|Vortex Pinnacle (5)|
|Throne of the Four Winds (10/25)|
The Vortex Pinnacle is the level 82-84 five-man wing in the Skywall complex, accessed at via the floating spires off the southeastern Uldum coast, introduced in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Queuing for the Vortex Pinnacle through the Dungeon Finder requires level 82 and an average item level of 272.
Here the armies of Al'Akir reside, and will not take kindly to any intruders in his elemental plane. The air elementals have entered an unholy alliance with the Worldbreaker, Deathwing and now threaten the denizens of Uldum. It is up to the adventurers to stop the elemental incursion to the ancient land, and the task is uneasy as they have to face the most powerful lieutenants of the Windlord.
The Vortex Pinnacle exists within the elemental plane of Skywall. Its elegant structures, crowned with bronze and gold, sit atop platforms bridged by pure air. Yet behind its exterior beauty, the pinnacle harbors Neferset tol'vir, as well as Al'Akir the Windlord's merciless elemental legions. As long as the barrier between Skywall and Azeroth remains open, terror will rain down on Uldum from the skies.
At present, however, it is more than a breathtaking spectacle - it is the staging ground of an army. The lieutenants and servants of Al'Akir, the elemental lord of wind, have allied themselves firmly with Deathwing, and they gather in the pinnacle to lay siege to Azeroth. Their incursion into the ancient, vital land of Uldum will be impossible to repel on the ground, so those who would defend their world must do the nearly impossible, and take wing to invade Skywall before it is too late.
After Al'Akir's fall
The Vortex Pinnacle is located at the southeast corner of Uldum.
|Cyclone Summit · Nimbus Rise · Temple of Asaad|
|Grand Vizier Ertan||DPS strength necklace|
|DPS cloth belt|
|Caster mail shoulders|
|Tank plate helmet|
|Spirit leather shoulders|
|Strength one-hand axe|
|DPS strength ring|
|DPS caster ring|
|Spirit cloth leggings|
|Agility leather gloves|
|DPS plate leggings|
|Caster plate helmet|
- Magical Brazier
- To pass from platform to platform, players have to jump onto Tornados. This is achieved by clicking on the tornado (with the 'enter vehicle' icon visible) rather than by jumping off the platform and aiming for it.
- Formerly, when a player fell (or leaped) off the edge of platforms in this instance they were swept up in the winds and flung back onto the platform unharmed, however after a hotfix they are now teleported to the instance entrance instead. Previously they were also rendered inactive after the fall for some time.
- Vortex Pinnacle is one of the most remote dungeons in the game. Not only is it tucked in the absolute bottom corner of the world, but the dungeon is up in the clouds, off the coast, and barely visible from the rest of the zone.
- WoW Dungeon: Vortex Pinnacle Guide!, ft. Cromar - TGN
- Vortex Pinnacle Heroic - Dungeon Guide and Commentary
- LoDs Vortex Pinnacle Guide (Heroic)
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.
|Vortex Pinnacle||Uldum||Entrance||Shaman scenario||Uldum assault|