Vulpin are fox-like creatures native to the Shadowlands that can be found in Ardenweald and Bastion. Vulpin are very elusive: one may journey in Bastion for millennia before they encounter vulpin in the wild. Although they are predators, instead of the largest fangs or claws, they employ stealth and cunning when hunting. This also makes it quite difficult to hunt one. Vulpin are able to use anima to bolster these abilities, allowing them to reinforce their fur, increase their speed, and even veil themselves completely from sight. Their flowing tails are very valued for alchemical pursuits. Vulpin can instantly teleport between the realms of the Shadowlands.
As a mount
- Main article: Fox mounts
- can be bought from the In-Game Store.
- can be bought from Elwyn, or drops from Valfir the Unrelenting in Ardenweald.
As a companion pet
- Copperfur Kit and Rustfur Kit can be caught from pet battles in Bastion.
- Dodger (item) is obtained after emoting to Playful Vulpins 5 times in Ardenweald.
- Goldenpaw Kit is purchased from Adjutant Nikos for 250 at revered with The Ascended.
- drops from the Gift of Vesiphone in Bastion.
- is rewarded from .
- drops from Macabre in Ardenweald.
- Sable is a reward/vendor item from a covenant's special feature (Ember Court, Queen's Conservatory etc.)
- is rewarded from during Kyrian Assaults in the Maw.
- Verdant Kit can be caught from pet battles in Ardenweald.
Notes and trivia
- lets players aligned with the Night Fae Covenant turn into a vulpin.
- Red-furred vulpin can often be considered a sign of distress when born into a golden-furred family.
- Golden vulpin are known for their loud, echoing howls.
- They have light-colored skin that their thick coats can prevent from showing through.
- The Verdant Kits of Ardenweald are infused with the essence of rebirth.